Free/Paid Professional Editor and Proofreader

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Carmine

Free/Paid Professional Editor and Proofreader

#1 Post by Carmine »

Hi!

I’m a freelance editor and have professional training from the UK’s Publishing Training Centre in their Basic Proofreading Course (Distinction), but am also comfortable editing in US, Canadian and Australian English. I’ve always loved visual novels and story driven games, so I would love to collaborate with some of the writers here. I am happy to work on most things – just let me know of any warning tags when you contact me.

My proofreading involves basic checking for spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Editing includes all of this as well as giving you feedback on how your work ‘flows’, suggesting changes if necessary and ensuring consistency of layout and style and of any names and places. I can also give feedback on your characters and story lines if you would like.

My rates are $0.01 per word for a proofread and $0.02 per word for an edit. I will proofread (just spelling, grammar and punctuation) non-commercial, small projects for free, but slots for this are limited. I would also appreciate a testimonial in return if you are happy with my work.

I reserve the right to decline any project and ask questions about a project.

You can email me at CarmineProofreading@aol.com or message or reply to me here.

Thank you,

Carmine