Experienced Editor and Proofreader

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
KiteString

Experienced Editor and Proofreader

#1 Post by KiteString »

Hello, everyone! I'm a professional editor and proofreader (and big fan of otome games), and I'd really like to offer my services to visual novel creators. I have a BA in English/creative writing and a certificate in editing from the University of Washington, I'm a member of the Northwest Independent Editors Guild and the Editorial Freelancers Association, and I have experience editing and proofreading for both publishing houses and indie authors.

Depending on your needs, there are a couple services I can provide:

Proofreading/Copyediting ($0.015 - $0.02 per word, depending on complexity)
A comprehensive edit focusing on mechanical issues. I will correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and word usage. I will also make sure that the manuscript follows a consistent style, and I will prepare a style sheet to document style and formatting decisions (e.g. treatment of numbers, capitalization, hyphenation, abbreviations, etc.).

Line Editing/Developmental Editing ($0.025 - $0.03 per word, depending on complexity)
A comprehensive edit focusing on language, organization, and (if desired) big-picture story concerns. I will smooth transitions, trim sentences, tighten phrasing, and suggest rewrites to improve readability, flow, and clarity. I will also (if desired) provide feedback and suggestions regarding structure, voice, theme, character development, plot, and pacing.

Please contact me if you're interested (kitestringediting@gmail.com) or take a look at my website for testimonials and more information.

Thanks!