Proofreader, Editor, Translator, Critique [FREE / PAID]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
EliteKilljoy
Projects: Crystal Dawn
itch: EliteKilljoy

#1 Post by EliteKilljoy »

Hello, there! My name is Ash, but you can also call me Elite. I'm working on one of my own VNs right now, but I'm looking to expand my portfolio to become better known in this community before continuing my own project.

My Services
I will expand upon these below, but here is a list of what I am offering:
  • Proofreading/Editing - This includes correction of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Can also include editing for consistency and flow.
  • Critique - This includes constructive criticism and feedback on ways to make your work better.
  • Translating - I can translate English to German, or German to English.
Writing Qualifications & Portfolio
I am a native English speaker and also was an English major in college for a year or two (I only switched when I realized I couldn't really do what I wanted to do easily), so I have plenty of experience in writing. I had a focus in grammar, since that what I have always been best at. I was also minoring in German at the time, and have taken German classes for around 5 years.

The only writing portfolios I have for now are my fanfiction stories. The one I am most proud of is called Arduous, or you can view all of my previous fanfictions here. Be aware of when the fics were written, since some are rather old. Many also are NSFW, so be careful if you're sensitive to that.

I will add onto this section as my portfolio expands.

What I Can Work With
I prefer action, adventure, romance, and fantasy, but I am willing to work with any type of genre/story! And rating is alright with me, just try to give me the content warnings involved in the project before I agree to take it on.

Proofreading/Editing Services
$$ Price: 2¢/word (1000 words = $20)
This includes correction of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Can also include editing for consistency and flow.

Slots:
1. OPEN
2. OPEN

Critique Services
$$ Price: 3¢/word (1000 words = $30)
This includes constructive criticism and feedback on ways to make your work better.

Slots:
1. OPEN
2. OPEN

Translating Services
$$ Price: 5¢/word (1000 words = $50)
I can translate English to German, or German to English.

Slots:
1. OPEN
2. OPEN

Terms & Conditions
  • I reserve the right to deny any work. No questions asked, please.
  • I may contact you while I am working on your project with questions or concerns.
  • Rates may be negotiable, if you discuss it with me.
  • I require being credited in the project credits for my work.
  • I am most easily accessible through email or Discord, both of which I will give to you if I take on your project.
  • If something comes up in my life where I am unable to finish your project, I will contact you to let you know.
    If I have only finished a portion of what was agreed upon, you will only have to pay what I completed, but I still do expect to be paid for the work I have done.
Free Work
I may be willing to provide free services for shorter projects that I take an interest in.
Just ask and we'll discuss it.

I am also accepting trades, depending on what you're offering. Contact me for more information.

Payment
I take payments only through PayPal. We can set up a payment plan for the work (example: 50% now, 50% later), but I will require a downpayment (amount depending on how many words you'd like me to do) before I begin working. Rates and payment plans are negotiable.

You will not receive the entirety of the completed project until I am fully paid, but I will send you little snippets as I go to make sure everything is to your liking.

I am also accepting trades, depending on what you're offering. Contact me for more information.