OPEN: English to German/German to English translations! (PAID)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
arty
Regular
Completed: White Monday
Projects: HATE is a 4 Letter Word
Organization: KATHARSIS ART
itch: artys-games

OPEN: English to German/German to English translations! (PAID)

#1 Post by arty »

CURRENTLY 2 OPEN SLOTS!

Hi!

I'm Arty, and I'm looking for some work to help me pay my bills and such. I'm a 28-year-old German native speaker from Austria.

Here's my carrrd, which summarizes the below info in case you're in a hurry.

You want your English Visual Novel translated to German? Or from German to English? I can do it for you. I can also translate Steam/Itch/etc. pages and promotional texts for your game. Other than the actual script, I will do these for free - but only in conjunction with a project (WIP or finished).

For the script, I'll charge $0.02 per word. (Rounded down to whole dollars.) The words of the original script are counted. Any code that accompanies the text will not be counted.

Payments are done through Paypal only. Payment is upfront - This is commonplace. I'll refund you fully if I can't finish the job for whatever reason. My rates are negotiable, but only if your project is non-commercial. Commercial games will always be charged the full price.

If you're interested, please add me on Discord since I don't check this forum every day. My tag is arty#3461. Just tell me about you and your project, and we can discuss details there.

What I will do:
Basically all genres.
Adult topics. (see exceptions below)
Any size of project.
Finished projects.
WIP projects.
My best

What I won't do:
Projects written in terrible/incoherent language. I'm not a proofreader or editor. Some mistakes are fine (I however won't fix them for you), but if I have no idea what the heck is going on, I can't translate it.
Stories that don't interest me at all.
Gratuitous gore or extremely angsty/edgy stories.
Offensive topics or topics that make me uncomfortable.
Unfunny parodies.
Certain fetishes. (ask)

My Experience:
I can work with Ren'Py code. You can send me the translation files and I'll work directly inside them. OR you can give me just the text in a Google Doc (or similar) and I'll translate that.

I've translated my own VN, White Monday, and other VNs for clients ("Nekokoro", "Jake's Love Story", "Tomboys Need Love Too", and "Distortion Nation"), as well as prose. For my job, I translate technical manuals and reports about architecture and software on a daily basis.

Please note that I'm Austrian (no, not Australian), so my German might differ in very minor points from Germany-German. I have been raised on Germany-German TV and books though, so the differences are, like I said, very minor. Something like the occasional "odd" word choice. (Think of like, differences between American English vs. British English, but more minor.) If I'm unsure about something, I check with my German friends.

I work as fast as I can, and so far all my translation work was finished before the deadlines. Understand that sometimes life happens, but I am very transparent about this - if something causes delay I'll tell you. Same goes for if I can't finish the job. Please also be realistic about deadlines. I can finish a couple thousand words in a day or two (my personal record was 15,000) if I have the time and if it's REALLY urgent, but I want my work to be of the best quality I can achieve - and that takes a bit longer. As an approximate estimate, you could expect about 20,000 to 30,000 words per month.

Disclaimer:
I reserve the right to refuse working on any project for any reason. Also, if you are too difficult to work with (for example if you're rude or creepy), I reserve the right to quit working on the project.

That's all! I'm looking forward to working with you!
Last edited by arty on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am, edited 15 times in total.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: OPEN: English to German translations! (Free)

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Wie geht's? Ich habe selbst frueher in Deutschland gewohnt, obwohl mein Deutsch noch scheisse ist. Ich habe in Goerlitz, Berlin und auch im Frankfurt. Ich habe auch Familie in Muenchen und Berlin. Ich komme aus Irland aber ich arbeite im moment in Ausland. Zurzeit in Taiwan aber frueher in Japan(Tokyo). Sie koennen schon sehen dass im Moment ich nicht selbts was auf Deutsch veröffentlichen koennte, ich brauche immer ein Korrektor oder Uebersetzer.

Es wuerde mich Fruehen etwas von dir zum lesen wenn Sie noch was Fertiggemacht haben. Ich habe fast kein Wort Deutsch gelesen in die letzte fuenf Jahren, also, fast kein Wort geschrieben.

Ich schicke Ihnen eine Freundschafteinladung.

arty
Regular

Re: OPEN: English to German translations! (Free)

#3 Post by arty »

@ComputerArt.Club
Moment, ich schreibe dir eine PM!

arty
Regular

Re: OPEN: English to German translations! (Paid)

#4 Post by arty »

Re-opened and updated with new terms.

arty
Regular

#5 Post by arty »

I updated some of the terms. Now offering free translation of store pages / promo material in conjunction with a paid project.

arty
Regular

#6 Post by arty »

Re-opened with a new slot. Added the latest finished project to the list. Fixed some minor things in the info.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#7 Post by Zetsubou »

I hired Arty to translate my game Tomboys Need Love Too into German.
The development went off without a hitch. Arty is familiar with Renpy's translation formats and was able to provide files I could insert as-is into the game.
No problems with his work or communication. If you need a German translator, I'd recommend his services.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

arty
Regular

Re: OPEN: English to German translations! (FREE/PAID)

#8 Post by arty »

Thank you for the kind review! I hope we can work together again sometime.
__

UPDATE: I now have a special offer for a limited time! I will translate 1 non-commercial project for free, if it is less than 40k words long. It doesn't have to be a NaNoRenO project. If your project is longer than 40k words and non-commercial and you'd still like it translated, please contact me and we might be able to figure something out.

arty
Regular

Re: OPEN: English to German/German to English translations! (PAID)

#9 Post by arty »

UPDATE: I am still open for projects and have added a second slot. I also added a link to my carrrd to the initial post. Additionally, I now offer translations from German to English (previously only English to German). Hit me up if you're interested!