Proofreader / PlayTester + FULLREAD [Free] [Paid] {closed}

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

Proofreader / PlayTester + FULLREAD [Free] [Paid] {closed}

#1 Post by catgame21234 »

Hello! I am Bailey, but you may call me Catti, and I am planing on making my own game and in my In order to do that I need to look at other games and see how they handel their scrips, characters, and their stories.

I am an Illustrator but I do enjoy a wide range of topics from science, myth,psychology, studying the evolution of artwork in adult entertainment because why do I do this to myself? and so on. I'm a very laid back individual and I am willing to read any draft of a script you send to me and I will go through it adding in my own comments. I am above the age of 18 so there's no need to worry about age restricted material.

Any topic will do for me, I am willing to read anything.
I provide 2 basic services; Proofreader/PlayTester and FULLREAD

Proofreader/PlayTester
I will play test your game or proofread your script regardless of the stat that it is currently in and give my thoughts and feedbacks to it. These will be gut reactions, and note that when i critic I first have a very "impulsive" reaction to what I'm reading but then after I am able to process what is going on I'm able to give a "full feedback". However due to me taking the game at full my comments will be very "large strokes".

FULLREAD

FullRead requires me to have a copy of the game, and though I do have Wine please note that I do own a Mac. And I will document every single moment of my gameplay through screenshots and provide post commentary. This is as close as we can get to you the creator watching me the lab rat interact with your work in a controlled environment. If you wish we may also be on mic and watch me play along but I require for you to mute your microphone so that you do not taint my player experience.

Through text however I may have a lot more spelling errors as well crack a lot of jokes by posting memes but at the conclusion I will sit down with you when the time is appropriate and have a one on one conversation talking about my gameplay exerpances. I will also be willing to become part of your team for quality insurance if you enjoy my input.
x

If you do not mind spoilers for the 9 year old game called 999 the attachment I took notes of my thoughts and reactions wile playing the game as well. It is not fully the same for these where analytical notes for myself, so I did not write down every reaction, but it gives you a WIDE range of what would be covered. And for anyone who wants to know, I got the SUB ending.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PROkLt ... sp=sharing

Know that what you see in the link is the "fragmented" version of what you would get from me.

Contact
I have missed one or two job requests due to my abstance from the sight wile school picked up ( i am in the final stretch thank goodness). As a result of that I will be having all conversations happening through Discord. My contact information is here.

catti

And if you lack a discord account you may click on this link, however note once we have a privet conversation happening I will be removing you from this chat.

https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
https://discord.gg/8ztVdQq (incase one fails)

Payed jobs vs Free
So far I have done this (2) times and they have been extremely lengthily endeavors. And though I have been compensated for them both I will have to make this diffrence.

Free users: people whom don't pay me anything are required to give me a document of writing which I can copy and paste the text to aid with my reading (I have a robot read things to me) and the FULLREAD are limited to approximately 30 to 1 hour(s) of game play. This is excluding the time it takes to make notes.

Payed Users: Consider this section as "tips", although I would not mind being payed for the hours I put into this and I will be notifiying you how many hours it may take, (my last attempts at this where 3~5 hours of dedication). I also require payment before working, but the downpayment can be as little as 1USD if you are not comfortable with paying half.

Lastly if you want to see more of my writing to see what feedback you will be getting you can follow the link bellow and click on the images to see how I interpiate lore from a online pet sim involving dragons.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd ... t_31800788
You may not understand the topic at hand but I feel it may help you feel more familiar with my writing and thinking prossess when i analyze a work of art.

As a "TLDR"
•I focus on flow of the writing and there for ignore things that are clearly not going to be in the final product
•I will give genuine reactions to what I read / play.
•I'm an artist so I'll happily give writing advice if it is a demo I am playing.
•After my reactions I will then sit down with you and have a proper and more seriously worded critic of your work after it is all said and done.
•Tips are appreciated but can come in many forms.
•The best way to get ahold of me is via discord [ catti #7142 ]
But of corse you can PM me as well, and email me at catgame21234@gmail.com
Last edited by catgame21234 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.

Helyees
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts

Re: Proofreader / PlayTester + FULLREAD [Free] [Paid (tips)]

#2 Post by Helyees »

Very supportive and idea rich creator. I got so many great insights and ideas from Catti that I lost count! :) A strong recommendation! :!:

catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

Re: Proofreader / PlayTester + FULLREAD [Free] [Paid] {OPEN}

#3 Post by catgame21234 »

A massive hoverhall has been made to the opening post and i'm proud to say we're "re-open" again.
I'll simply edit the title when I think i cant take any jobs at the moment from here on out. This should help with the flow of how thigns go overall now i beleive.

Feel free, after when you are done with me to shoot me a recommendation. those do help! :)
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.

Necivo
Completed: Demon and Heart : Prototype
Projects: Sect
Organization: Vinovel
itch: vinovel

My opinions about this service

#4 Post by Necivo »

Hi ! I'm here to post a review and all I can said it's I'm a chocked... of the quality of this service.

When I ask for her service for give her opinions of my game, I supposed to have a little review with what she think of each chapter of my story and instead of this I've received a huge text :shock: of opinions and video for improve my story and my writting skills. It's so good because of her advice I want to rewrite all my story instead of little change I wanted when I asked her service.

So I definitively recommend her service :D !
I have write some visual novel like Sect or Demon and Heart : Prototype

Lifecharacter

#5 Post by Lifecharacter »

Here to add to the recommendations. Catti is able to provide extensive criticism, praise, and advice when it comes to both individual lines of writing as well as your story in general. If you're looking for someone to tell you what your writing and your story do well and, more importantly, what they need to do much better, there's not a strong enough way to recommend her for it.

Nyanime
Regular

#6 Post by Nyanime »

this boi is the best.

danteworks

#7 Post by danteworks »

I approached her with my project and she was very kind as to go above and beyond when offering feedback. She is eager to get into the thick of it and will put in as much as you have.

Cotton Blue
Regular
Projects: メモリーズ~ 女神の保護者
Organization: Cotton Blue
Deviantart: CottonBlueVN
Soundcloud: Cotton Blue
itch: Cotton Blue

#8 Post by Cotton Blue »

I sent you an email~
Memories~ Megami no hogo-sha [GxB] [Fantasy, Romance, Drama, Yōkai]