[Free][Closed] Editor/Proofreader looking to expand VN experience!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
IronForPistons
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts (Editor), Picture Perfect Romance (Editor), Children of Cosmos (Editor)
Organization: Crystal Compass

[Free][Closed] Editor/Proofreader looking to expand VN experience!

#1 Post by IronForPistons »

Hi there! My name is IronForPistons, but feel free to call me Iron. I'm an enthusiast of anime and visual novels, and I am looking to gain experience in editing/proofing for VNs!

My experience editing for VNs includes Panzer Hearts, an alternate history drama-romance. (My edits are set to be included in an update to the game, releasing soon.) Also, I am currently editing for two projects, Picture Perfect Romance and Children of Cosmos. In addition to my work on VNs, I am an Executive Producer/Editor at my school's news organization, so I work with words on an almost-daily basis. I also edited and proofread for friends' unpublished novels for over five years.

I am willing to edit and/or proofread most any project at no cost!

I am most comfortable working with these genres, in no particular order (though they are not the only genres I will work on):
  • Slice of Life
  • Romance (any pairing)
  • Fantasy/Sci-fi/Stories with heavy worldbuilding
  • Drama
I am not comfortable working with the following content:
  • 18+/NSFW content
  • Gore
  • Heavy Horror (I don't know enough about it to do it well)
Here is my process:
  • Before beginning, I like to talk to the director and/or author about the project so I know your goals and your story. I also like to go through any outlines, character descriptions, or other documents so I can better understand the characters and plot.
  • I will do a proofreading pass on the script. In this first pass, I will check for spelling, grammar, awkward phrasing, and continuity.
  • Then, if you request it, I will do an editing pass, where I suggest improvements for pacing and character development, as well as give any additional suggestions I have (such as places where scenes can be combined, suggestions for additional scenes, etc) which, of course, you can choose to take or ignore.
The reason I do my editing in two steps like this is twofold - first, it's easier for me to focus on certain aspects each pass instead of everything at once, and second, it makes sure that I am more familiar with the script/story when I make suggestions that are more vital to the project.

If you're interested but still on the fence, please feel free to send me a partial draft, and I'd be glad to give you a sample edit/proof so you can get an idea of what kind of things I can help you with.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me through email (ironforpistons[at]gmail.com) or Discord (IronForPistons#3094)!

P.S. I also offer free programming and scripting services! Please check out my other thread as well.
Last edited by IronForPistons on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
Feel free to call me Iron!

Interested in editing or proofreading services? I do both, for free or trade!

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

Re: Editor/Proofreader looking to expand VN experience! [Free/Trade]

#2 Post by renkka »

Here to leave an extremely positive review for Iron! Iron has been nothing but an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only does Iron work with your deadlines but is quick and great with communication, works well individually and with a team, and has great attention to detail. The script for our project, "Picture Perfect Romance" has improved tremendously after Iron's suggestions. If you're looking for someone who is dedicated, a hard worker, genuinely cares about your project, and a great addition to your team, Iron is the best suit for you. Can't recommend their services enough!
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer

IronForPistons
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts (Editor), Picture Perfect Romance (Editor), Children of Cosmos (Editor)

Re: [Free] Editor/Proofreader looking to expand VN experience!

#3 Post by IronForPistons »

I'm back from travelling internationally, and I'm open for new projects! I'll have a lot of free time over the next month or so, so I should be able to work even more quickly than usual. I'm also open to longer-term projects as well, though! Feel free to get in touch with me through PMs or email (ironforpistons@gmail.com).

IronForPistons
Regular

#4 Post by IronForPistons »

I've updated the opening post! Looking forward to working with you!

Johan
Regular
Organization: DMEOW
itch: dmeow
Discord: Johan#7444

#5 Post by Johan »

I'll keep this bookmarked because I'm definitely asking you to help me on my project later :D. it's just that i haven't finished writing it yet, that's why xD, though i'm about 40% done. but i'm curious, so is it ok if i send you a part of the script so i can see a sample? :o I'll send you an email! :D
dmeow !
Check my silly blog!

◤ And I saw the stars ★ falling down... ◢
Check the game!! IT'S OUT!!!