Professional & Technical Writing Services [Closed]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Fairess
Completed: Sweet, Sweet Fairytale!
Projects: Currently Seeking Projects
Tumblr: thefairess
itch: fairess

Professional & Technical Writing Services [Closed]

#1 Post by Fairess »

Fairess
Portfolio/Resume | Writing Sample | Game | Tumblr

Who am I?
Hello! This is my very first experience working with the Lemma Soft Forums, but I’m more excited than ever to help you with your project. I am a recent university graduate who majored in Professional & Technical writing and who also happens to love both reading and writing otomes!

What do I offer?
  • Free proofreading [up to 3,000 words at a time.]
  • Free editing [up to 3,000 words at a time.]
  • Free Writing [up to 1,000 words at a time.]
  • Free Consultation [Tell me your ideas! I have tips for organizing your ideas.]
  • Free Style Guide [Let me help you build templates and style consistency for your team!]

What are my preferences?
  • Romance
  • Historical Fiction
  • Fantasy
  • Sci-Fi
  • Modern Slice-of-life
  • Supernatural Fiction
  • Pretty much anything! I love learning new genres

What requests do I accept?
I am willing to write/edit any kind of content regardless of gore, sexual orientations, or mature content. If you choose to request my services, please include:
  • What you are requesting (proofreading, consultation, writing, etc.)
  • A summary of your project and when you expect it to be finished
  • A description of the characters/setting/intention of the piece
  • A writing sample you have already written or an example of what style you want written

What mediums do I work with?
  • I accept manuscripts shared with Google docs and use Suggestion mode to edit documents.
  • Any form of script is acceptable, though scripts without coding buried in them are preferred.

When do I finish commissions?
  • Once I have accepted a request, up to but not over two weeks.

Where can I be contacted?
How much do I cost?
  • All services I offer are free, although donations are appreciated. Please keep in mind that all requests have word limits and that I will accept requests on a case by case basis.

Why professional writing and not creative?
While I love writing creatively as much as editing, the value of organization, audience analysis, and teamwork cannot be understated. In addition to helping others make the best creative content they can, I hope to help project founders and their team work with streamlined standards and designs.

What's the difference between proofreading and editing?
When I proofread, I will simply check your documents for spelling & grammar issues as well as name/location/time inconsistencies within the text. Editing is a much more robust process where I will make creative recommendations for your script as well as proofread it for errors. Editing also includes analysis of a script's character, the ongoing plot, and any other significant themes within the script.

What's a style guide and why would I want one?
A style guide is a great document for any writer working within a creative team. It provides templates for what each page should look like, a universal reference for proper nouns (cities, character names, etc.), world & mechanic details, style references regarding spelling, writing conventions, the avoidance of sexist language, and many other things to keep all content of a project consistent. I can also help you draft outlines and game proposals, which tend to have similar features.
Last edited by Fairess on Wed May 09, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

oOhanaOo
Regular
Projects: The poisoned rose/The dark diamond
Deviantart: Hana44440

Re: Professional & Technical Writing Services [Free]

#2 Post by oOhanaOo »

Email sent😊