[LITERALLY FREE] Editor and Proofreader

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Callanthe

[LITERALLY FREE] Editor and Proofreader

#1 Post by Callanthe »

Hi guys! Looking for a free editor or proofreader? Look no farther!

You can call me Callanthe--I'm currently a professional academic essay editor/tutor/advisor, now trying to harness my editing impulses towards my great love of creative writing! I discovered my schedule has opened up significantly this spring/summer, so while working on my own story, I am now literally free to distract myself by editing your guys' works :P

Things Of Note
  • This is entirely an unpaid hobby on my part, so of course please don't go overboard with excessive expectations.
  • I have quite a bit of experience accommodating my editing style, ranging from "light spelling/grammar checking" all the way to "unleashing a chainsaw on your poor beloved ideas." As a result, you can let me know what type/degree of comments you would prefer!
  • In terms of content... I can tackle mild R18 content especially if it's just proofreading, but I am not your go-to guy if your work is heavily NSFW, fetish-based, etc. (I'd also probably prefer that we start off with content that isn't R18 so I can kind of ease into your style of writing before you drop the heavy stuff on me.) I am also not the best at excessive gore and horror (ex: I will not choose to read Saya no Uta in my free time :P).
    Everything else is pretty much fair game, especially my favorite fantasy genre! Of note, I do reserve the right to decline any project.
  • I am proud to say I read and edit extremely fast. As a result, I'm perfectly fine with anything from 2k short stories to 200k+ word behemoths, though the time will of course depend on length. I will also try to respond to any contact/communication within two days.
  • I am currently not offering specialized writing services since I'm focused on my own work. I might consider a small project with an idea that is attractive to me, but I can offer absolutely no guarantees.
Feel free to reach out over PM with any projects of interest!
Last edited by Callanthe on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EternalBlizzard795

Re: [LITERALLY FREE] Editor and Proofreader

#2 Post by EternalBlizzard795 »

Hey,
I read your post, and I have to say, I am pumped!
I am currently recruiting people for my Visual Novel, if you're interested, feel free to PM me!
I am fairly well in writing, but I could use an extra hand.
Currently, the first few scenes of my Visual Novel are all planned out.
If you need any more details about the project or the plot of the novel, just PM me! :D

Callanthe

#3 Post by Callanthe »

It's been forever since I've been really busy with school (and I honestly still am), but with the recent lockdown situation I'm actually free again to help proofread and edit people's writing!

PM is still probably the best way to contact me, and after that we can change a method of contact to whatever is most convenient.

kittylove94
Regular

#4 Post by kittylove94 »

Hello! I am looking for someone to help me out on a project for Editing. I am creating an Rpg! If you could add my discord Kitty#1669

Vnigma
Regular
Projects: Origin of War
Organization: VNigma

#5 Post by Vnigma »

Hello
We are an indie studio looking for writers and proofreaders for a couple of scenes, for a demo of our project.
the project is a Noir/sci-fi murder mystery investigation similar to 999 with gameplay elements, we are looking for free writers but if the demo is well recieved we will be looking into making it profitable.
for more please check: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=60309
or contact us: https://www.instagram.com/vnigma/
https://www.facebook.com/Vnigma.Studios