[CURRENTLY CLOSED | Free or Paid] Writer or Translator (FR/ENG), ... and more?

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Eartheaven
Projects: The Poisoned Rose (Writer)

[CURRENTLY CLOSED | Free or Paid] Writer or Translator (FR/ENG), ... and more?

#1 Post by Eartheaven »

08/08/19 : Closing for now. I am busy with college and the project I currently am in (The Poisoned Rose). I can do a few, very small things, but starting September (until Summer 2020) I won't be available. :(
Ever heard of a swiss knife ?
Jokes aside ... I'd love to help around, so I figured I may post a thread here to offer my services !

First things first : a small presentation.
My name (or should I say pseudonym) is Eartheaven - though most people prefer to call me Earth, or even simpler, Wan. I'm a psychology student, and an expert at (mostly constructive) criticism and ex-RP writer : after spending many years since junior high by trying out different writing styles, most of the time while eating croissants. That's right ... Not only my favorite writing style is fueled by a strange sense of humor, but I'm also french. Which brings me to the most important part of this thread : my abilities I can make use of, for you. (Also, you may have noticed it, but I have a tendency to be a perfectionnist - especially when it comes to my work. Is it a flaw ? Who knows.)

Here's a list of what I can do, coming with details, for what may interest you most.
  • Writing. Truly the easiest, but also trickiest thing in this world. Depending on what theme you want me to write in (dark, funny, etc.), I can adapt myself to it ! However (and that is the reason why I didn't put it in the title), I honestly don't think I'm a good english writer. That's right. English is not my native language, and, as such, some expressions that would come naturally to english speakers could be unknown to me. But if it's in French, you can count on me, that's for sure. Exceptions ? Mature content. Please, don't. That would be bad. And by that, I mean the narration.
  • Translating. English ? French ? (A small, tad bit of Japanese ?) ... You can count on me, at least for FR/ENG. I don't know what else to say, except that I already did some paid work and that my main qualities are speed (be it for translating/revisions), precision and, more than anything, communication.
    (However, I can translate mature content.)
Though, I can also do those things : except that it wouldn't be as good as the rest.
  • Editing. I did say I'm good at criticism, after all. That, but, if you want to, I can help you with more ideas. Isn't it better to have many opinions on a subject ? Though, of course, in the end, the choice is yours.
  • Proofreading. I'm not a monster when it comes to english grammar, but I can spot the basic and major errors.
I can also code or program a bit, but ... not only this topic doesn't cover that part, I'm not confident yet about that as well.
As it is written in the title, I'm fine with both free and paid offers.If the project is free, then I work for free ; if it's commercial, then I don't work for free. It's that simple.
Concerning the prices... I'm not good with that, so I'll keep it as simple as well : 0,02$/word. Once it goes over 10k words, then it's 0.01$/word (after all, I'm here to help, not to make a career out of it ...). If it comes to translating, suspicion may arise for some, so it's decided depending on the original text.
And finally : to contact me, either PM/email me from the forum, or send an email to wankoeartheaven@gmail.com. See you soon !