[CLOSED] PAID: Proofreading, writing, and editing!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
nerupuff
Veteran

[CLOSED] PAID: Proofreading, writing, and editing!

#1 Post by nerupuff »

Hi there! I'm Neru. Thank you so much for clicking this thread!
I recommend reading through my complete document regarding my services: GOOGLE DOCS LINK. Thank you.

[AVAILABLE SLOTS, updated May 17, 2020]
Writing: 1 out of 2
Proofreading: 2 out of 3
Editing: 1 out of 2

It has been a while but I'm back to offer my services for proofreading, editing, and writing! However, I am now only taking PAID projects (those under previous terms and conditions are not affected by this update). I'd like to believe that I've gained a reasonable amount of experience that allows me to charge for my work and at the same time, aid my personal financing outside of my day job (which to be honest, isn't progressing fairly well due to the global pandemic, so I could really use the extra help).
  • I've had a fair amount of experience working on VNs as a proofreader and editor. I do writing as a hobby, and I absolutely love spending time playing visual novels and otome games as well.
If you would ever consider having me as a part of your team or project, I do have a list of preferences below:

Preferred genres (but not strictly limited to):
  • Adventure
  • Mystery
  • Fantasy
  • Horror
I'm always open to plenty of ideas though, so feel free to talk to me about it!

I'm fine with (as long as they are NOT the main point of the story):
  • R-18 scenes
  • Gore and blood
  • Depictions of violence if you have a very mature plot/story
Please do note that if you have these concepts (R-18, gore, etc) in your story, I humbly request that I be informed prior to starting on it. I will have to see content warnings and such so that I know if I can handle the content your project may have.

I also take small writing projects, but please remember: I will prioritize proofreading and editing requests first.

Please do check this document here for a more detailed discussion about my services, current schedule, terms and conditions explained, slots available, as well as what each service entails.
Projects I've Worked On:
  1. BAKED:MAGIC (LSF thread, itch.io)
  2. Winter’s Symphonies by LeafCascade (Steam, VNDB link)
  3. Homecoming - Stop At Nothing! by Blackcross & Taylor (LSF thread, itch.io) - proofreading
  4. BAKED:MAGIC Artbook by Red-Baby (itch.io direct link) - proofreading
  5. Oh! My Mistress by vchan (LSF thread) - proofreading, editing for common route
  6. Heaven’s Grave by Blackcross & Taylor (itch.io) - proofreading
  7. A Summer with the Shiba Inu by Quill Studios (itch.io) - proofreading
  8. In the World of Nightmares (demo) by nerupuff (itch.io) - writing, programming
  9. Mirt: Tales of the Cold Land by Emanon Studios/MilaOlivson (Steam, LSF thread) - editing
  10. ROAR by Banya (itch.io) - proofreading for English version (select parts)
PAID WORK:
  • Donations/tips are very much appreciated if you are satisfied with the work (see ko-fi)
  • Paid editing and proofreading will follow prioritizeddeadlines and faster rate of completion.
  • Proofreading costs $30* per 15,000 words, with additional $7 per 2500 words in excess, with roughly 300 words leeway before placing the additional price for another excess ($30 is base price, whether or not your file reaches 15k words) *(0.002/word)
  • Editing costs $45* per 15,000 words, additional $10 per 2500 words in excess, with roughly 300 words leeway before placing the additional price for another excess ($45 is base price, whether or not your file reaches 15k words) *(0.003/word)
  • Writing costs $0.01/word, minimum 2000 words
  • Payment is split into initial and final payment. I will only begin working after initial payment has been provided. (50% at the start, 50% at completion). Payment is done either via Paypal (where I shall send an invoice) or via Ko-Fi (number of Ko-Fi to be specified in discussion.)
If you're interested and you have read my document on the services I offer for VN dev, you can find and contact me here:
Email: nerupuff@gmail.com
Last edited by nerupuff on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:43 am, edited 35 times in total.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

bloggifyme

Re: [OPEN!!!] Free~! Proofreading and editing services!

#2 Post by bloggifyme »

Hello. I saw that your thread is marked [OPEN]. I have sent you a PM, so I hope you see it. Thank you.

nerupuff
Veteran

#3 Post by nerupuff »

bloggifyme wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 am Hello. I saw that your thread is marked [OPEN]. I have sent you a PM, so I hope you see it. Thank you.
Thank you for considering and sending me a PM. I replied already. :) I'll also update this thread soon.
ImageImage

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#4 Post by Red-Baby »

I can highly recommend Neru to proofread your work!
Neru helped out with BAKED:MAGIC and not only are they incredibly fast and efficient but also very professional and overall just a great person to work with.

nerupuff
Veteran

#5 Post by nerupuff »

^Thank you, Red! ^^ It was great working with you.

Also, hello, everyone! It's been 2 months! I'm glad to say that I finally have one completed project that I've listed up on the main post in this thread. I've updated the post and I've also included a link to a more comprehensive document of mine that discusses my proofreading and editing services for VN dev. Please do have a look!

I have some projects underway but I definitely still have some slots for anyone who needs proofreading and editing done for their VN projects. I always update the title tag on this thread so you will know if I am OPEN or CLOSED for requests. I also update the main post regularly even if I don't reply to the thread (I check LSF quite often!), so you may also see changes/updates on the main post in the future.

Thank you so much, and til next time!
ImageImage

vchan
Regular

Re: [Inquiries OPEN] Free! Proofreading and editing services!

#6 Post by vchan »

Wow, Neru is so amazing!!! I would recommend her but she will be extremely busy soon. She was very professional, fast, and spotted so many corrections and offered great improvements to my writing. I felt that I could take her advice and continue to implement what she offered throughout my story. If you hire her to edit your story, you will not regret. She has great eye for mistakes and offers writing advice I would not have thought of.

Thanks again Neru for the awesome and speedy service :)

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: [Inquiries OPEN] Free! Proofreading and editing services!

#7 Post by nerupuff »

^Thank you so much for the kind review, vchan! I wish you luck with completing your project.

Also, hello, everyone! I've finally updated my post here with all the new projects I've helped with. It's been a few months since my last post here, and I'm glad that I still get some requests from time to time. My services are still free, and I currently have 1 slot available for proofreading (but only until the end of the month)!

New updates also include my google doc (here) listing my writing samples for further reference. Another thing is that I have removed my Discord contact on the original post: you'll only be able to contact me on Discord AFTER you have contacted me via PM or email.

You may have noticed on my list that I also do proofreading for VN-related material, so feel free to hit me up about those kinds of things too. The keyword is that it should still be related to games/VNs, since that's my particular area of interest.

Again, I often update my tag and content on the original post, so please check in on it from time to time. Thanks for reading!
ImageImage

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: [OPEN] Free + (affordable) Paid: Proofreading and editing services!

#8 Post by nerupuff »

Hi, everyone! It's been a long 5 months but I am happy to say that I am now back and available to work on more VN projects. :)

I've updated my document to reflect the new changes as well, but here's a TLDR:
- I'm now offering paid services (just graduated, taking time off to rest before looking for a job related to my degree program, plenty of time to work on games, help me finance my living expenses yay)
- Free services are still available, added a ko-fi in case you would like to donate (totally voluntary!)
- Updated the available slots, so please check it out in case you want to hire me!
- VNs and VN-related material are welcome
- I always update the first post, so please check back from time to time!

Thank you!
ImageImage

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: [OPEN] PAID: Proofreading, writing, and editing!

#9 Post by nerupuff »

Hi, everyone!

I've updated the first post in this thread, and I'd like to announce that I am no longer doing free proofreading/editing work. It has been a while but I'm back to offer my services for the aforementioned VN tasks! However, I am now only taking PAID projects (those under previous terms and conditions are not affected by this update). The reason for this is so that I can aid my own living expenses, especially in the midst of the current global pandemic. I'd like to save up just in case, for emergencies and other personal stuff that might need funding.

Notable changes:
> No more free services. Instead, I am offering paid work.
> Updated the terms and conditions here AND on my complete google docs link here, where I detail the specifics of commissioning me for VN work.
> Placed my ko-fi link for donations (completely voluntary!)
> Updated the number of open slots I can accommodate for VN work.

As always, I am free to contact via my email or LSF private messages. Hope to hear from you all soon!
ImageImage