Editor Seeking Work [PAID]/[FREE] For Yuri Jam

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
XianXian
Projects: Cautionary Tale, Mellizos (WIP)
itch: xianxian

Editor Seeking Work [PAID]/[FREE] For Yuri Jam

#1 Post by XianXian »

Looking for Editing Commissions

Hello, I am XianXian! I am a writer and an editor, who is a recent college graduate with a degree in Sociology. As a sociology major, writing is a skill you hone due to the many writing assignments on theory, history, and research you must endure. I have been writing since I was in high school and have been published in some online literary zines. Interactive fiction is a recent venture for me, starting in 2016, but I've never stopped since then.

Interactive Fiction

I was a member of Watercress Studio and was a contributor to the visual novel, "Beyond Yesterday's Grasp" in the visual novel anthology, Cautionary Tale.

I helped a bit with coding on Our Home, also by Watercress Studio.

I did some proofreading/beta-reading for Party Favors by Mado.

Traditional Writing

I have poetry published in the following zines: Zoomoozophone Review, Be About It Zine, The Rising Phoenix Zine, Ataraxia Zine and Alien Mouth.

I also have two book reviews published in Heavy Feather Review and The Lit Pub.

DM if you want to see these publications because at least one of them has my real name on it. Most of my publications are under the name, Maria Ng. Be About It Zine is under the name I'm using now, Xian Xian. The Lit Pub and Heavy Feather Review are under my real name and a name somewhat similar to it. I was young and couldn't make up my mind what I wanted my pen name to be. The Lit Pub has a selfie of me as an author photo and I can provide a recent picture of myself if you don't think it's me.

I will edit all genres except stories that contain: incest, rape, shota/loli and anything that is filled with racism.

Visual novels that give you a feel of genres I like: Higurashi, Banshee's Last Cry, Hustle Cat, Hatoful Boyfriend, Over the Hills and Far Away, The House of Fata Morgana, and Lucid9.

Since I am no longer in college, I have plenty of time to edit, but that doesn't mean I won't be doing things while I'm at home or working on other projects. I will update you every day on my work progress and tell you if anything major occurs.

Here are some samples of my visual novel and Twine game writing.

My rates depend on the word count and complexity of your script.

For proofreading:
0.01 cents per word for scripts below 5K words.
0.02 cents per word for scripts above 10K words.

For editing (such as improving sentences, pointing out inconsistency, etc)
0.02 cents per word for scripts below 5K words
0.03 cents per word for scripts above 10K words.

I do not accept payment through Kickstarters or revenue share.

You can contact me through discord, Lee#8183, or email, xianxianif@gmail.com. I am on discord every day, so you will get a quicker response if you DM me on there.
Last edited by XianXian on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

XianXian

Re: Writer Seeking Work [PAID]

#2 Post by XianXian »

Fixed my rates after I realized it didn't make sense and also because I just wanted to change the numbers.

XianXian

Re: Editor Seeking Work [PAID]

#3 Post by XianXian »

Update 8/23/2019:

Changed my thread to editor instead of writer, I will not accept writing commissions. I have recently done editing for the English translation of a Chinese point and click, visual novel called Vincent: The Secret of Myers by 吴德者dino. Which can be downloaded in Chinese here. I will update this thread with the English translation when it comes out! It is currently a demo.

XianXian

Re: Editor Seeking Work [PAID]

#4 Post by XianXian »

Update:

As of September to the end of October, commissions are now free for Yuri Jam.