[OPEN][PAID/FREE] Speedy, professional proofreader looking for work!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Feinerine
Regular
Projects: Caladria Chronicles, Caladria Adventurers: Girls Side, Caladria Robotics
Organization: Starlight Visual
Deviantart: feinerine
Discord: Feinerine#2340

[OPEN][PAID/FREE] Speedy, professional proofreader looking for work!

#1 Post by Feinerine »

NOTE: I've added my Discord Tag and Skype username again to make things easier!

Hello! I'm Fei, a fellow VN developer who is looking for proofreading work on this very forum! I'm a native English speaker from Australia, but I'm able to handle both American and British English!

Feel free to ask any questions!

Projects I worked on:

Proofreading

Intaran Kingdom by F65team
Cautionary Tale by Watercress
Winter's Symphonies by LeafCascade
Oh My Mistress! by vchan
Ochiba by Nicckonator
Runa's School Story by Dream Bucket
Still Alive by cookyspooky
Imouto Paradise 3 by Moonstone Cherry (For MangaGamer)
Cocoon by Aehersin
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest volume 7 by J-Novel Club
Dizzy Hearts Chapter 1 by Lupiesoft
WanNyan a la Mode! by Skyfish poco
Eternal Torment by Liquid (VERY NSFW)
Last Meal at Cafe Mori by Katy133
Last. Rx by tiya_nofurita
Jeanne at the Clock Tower by Liar-soft
Uchi no Kanojo by Argonauts
How to Live a Healthy Hentai Lifestyle! by Clock Up (VERY NSFW)

Turnaround Time and Content Limitations For Proofreading

I can proofread around 20k to 30k words in one session, this is about one or two hours for me. As a result, I can finish projects of more than 50k words in a week or less depending on how motivated I get. I am not doing free work for 50k words and less anymore. I also have an abnormal amount of free time, so I am almost always free to work.

My favourite genres that I am most likely willing to proofread are:

Romance (any orientations)
Slice Of Life
Action
Comedy
Fantasy
Sci-Fi
R-18 (please consult me with the fetishes of your VN beforehand)

I am unwilling to proofread the following topics/genres:

Hardcore fetishes (NTR, watersports, scat, guro, anything considered weird or non-vanilla on F-list)
Uncomfortable topics such as racism, sexism

I'm willing to work on game jams for free!

Pricing

Proofreading: $0.01/0.02 USD per word. (0.02 with two-week deadline, 0.03 with one-week deadline. There's a chance I might charge 0.02 USD/ per word for shorter projects.)

Before working on the project, I would like to request 50% payment upfront, the rest after the work is done! If you want to pay in instalments, please let me know so we can work something out!

Testimonies From Guest Users

"If you need a speedy proofreader, you're at the right place. She is super fast at replying and the proofreading was also very quick. 10/10 would recommend :D " - Aehersin

You can contact me by using emails, PMs, messaging me on Skype or adding me on Discord!

Email: feinerine@msn.com

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by Feinerine on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 am, edited 28 times in total.

Cipher
Discord: Cipher#5605

Re: [FREE/PAID] Speedy proofreader looking for work!

#2 Post by Cipher »

Fei and I worked together on "Cautionary Tale" for NaNo 2018. I was Lead Editor and she was the main proofreader (as she noted above).

To tell the truth, I've worked with a lot of editing teams in the past - and I can honestly say Fei is exceptionally good at what she does. She's extremely fast, reliable, and accurate; she also asks questions as-needed and catches on quickly - both of which make working with her easy and efficient.

Additionally, she's easy to talk to and brings a positive attitude to the team (at least in my experience). I would say that she has a passion for visual novels - and that shows in her work and her personality.

Writing / Editing Services | Cipher#5605 on Discord | Portfolio

TheForeverLoneWolf
Regular
Completed: Lull, Palinurus, Seeds of Sylvia, Fare Thee Well, Our Home., Ah! My Girlfriend is a Demon Summoned from the Depths of Hell!, Cautionary Tale, Ah!! My Roommate is a Succubus Hellbent on World Conquest!!, this was for you., A Field of Flowers and Stars.
Projects: Avitus, Missing Stars
Organization: Watercress, Somnova Studios, Imagibeat Studio
itch: watercress

#3 Post by TheForeverLoneWolf »

Fei and I have been on a few projects together, including "Cautionary Tale" and her own works. Fei is a great proofreader, and most importantly to me, she communicates well and often - you will never be in the dark about her progress. I've known her since she was really new in the industry, and she's been growing, and growing fast. She's also a really, genuinely nice person, and that's something to look for in any job you want filled!
Feel free to check out some of Watercress' previous or current works. Here's a link to our itch.io, Steam, and our Discord!

F65team

#4 Post by F65team »

Fei helped us to clean and "test on native speaker" some text assets for our game. Approachable, helpful, able to accept feedback and work out good solution, just generally pleasing to work with. Thank you again.

FulminisIctus
Regular
Projects: Mycorrhiza, LoveSick Darlings, Human Reignition Project, Episicava, Caladria Chronicles, Ah My Girlfriend is a Demon Summoned from the Depths of Hell, Cautionary Tale, Visual Novel Audio Pack Vol 1 and Vol 2

#5 Post by FulminisIctus »

Fei has proofread a rather lengthy recruitment post of mine, showing that she's comfortable with any kind of text, not just fiction. She was as speedy as the thread title promises while doing everything really thoroughly. All in all I can wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a reliable proofreader!
I'm a composer and sound designer! You can find more info about my services - and if I'm free to take on a job at the moment - by viewing my commission doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i0Z ... sp=sharing)!

Nicckonator
Regular
Projects: Ochiba - Falling Leaves
Deviantart: Nicckonator

#6 Post by Nicckonator »

After working with her on a short script, I can tell that she's a quick and solid proofreader who does exactly what you would expect, and does it perfectly.
Much recommended, thanks again Fein.
GD - Game Developer, and owner of NK Productions,
the company currently making Ochiba - Falling Leaves (Visual Novel).

LeafCascade
Regular

#7 Post by LeafCascade »

Fei proofread Winter's Symphonies for me on very short notice. She's quick, and caught a great deal of errors that otherwise would've slipped through. If you're in a pinch like I was, and need someone reliable to finish the job in a timely manner, Fei's a great choice. Thanks again, Fei!

vchan
Regular

#8 Post by vchan »

Quick, speedy, and friendly. I didn’t see much proofreading but four edits but perhaps that means my story didn’t need much fixing. Satisfied and would come back for more.

Dream Bucket

#9 Post by Dream Bucket »

Fei did the proofread of Runa's School Story quickly and diligently. We were satisfied. Thanks. As promised, we will include you in the credits of the game.

cookyspooky

#10 Post by cookyspooky »

Fei is a true professional: quick, accurate and very helpful. And she is extremely workable being able to cover huge amounts of words in very short time. Once again: thank you, Fei, we hope for further cooperation.))

Feinerine
Regular
Projects: Caladria Chronicles, Caladria Adventurers: Girls Side, Caladria Robotics

#11 Post by Feinerine »

Updated my thread by getting rid of the free 50k words and less proofreading job. Also, added a title I proofread recently.

Feinerine
Regular

Re: [PAID] Speedy proofreader looking for work!

#12 Post by Feinerine »

Added a testimony and another title I've worked on! Feel free to get in contact with me!

Feinerine
Regular

Re: [PAID] Speedy proofreader looking for work! (Now taking on writing and editing work!)

#13 Post by Feinerine »

Updated the starter post with additional writing and editing services, feel free to ask! I also added some projects I've worked on since last year.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: [PAID/FREE] Speedy proofreader looking for work! (Now taking on writing and editing work!)

#14 Post by isobellesophia »

Fei is a fast working proofreader and friendly for my VN "Maddox and Friends!", would work with her again sometime in the future and highly recommended for everyone.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Re: [PAID/FREE] Speedy proofreader looking for work! (Now taking on writing and editing work!)

#15 Post by Katy133 »

Fei helped me with proofreading my visual novel, Last Meal at Cafe Mori. Fei was thorough, quick, and great to work with!
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!