Writer, Editor, Proofreader [Open]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Karsten

Writer, Editor, Proofreader [Open]

#1 Post by Karsten »

Hello!

I'm here to offer my proofreading and editing services.
I'm willing to edit a short sample for free if you would like to see whether or not my you would like to work with me.
I'm willing to work by scene, chapter, or entire story.
My rates are flexible, depending on what's required of me. Writing $0.05/word > Editing $0.02/word > Proofreading $0.01/word
However, they are completely negotiable and can be raised or lowered depending on project requirements. These rates are just an example, and the final quote will be negotiated based on work required.

Some of what I can offer is listed below, but if you have any questions about what I can and can't do, I'm always open for discussion.

At the sentence level, I can:
-Help fix simple grammar mistakes, like adding/removing commas, as well as incorrect capitalization and missing or misused words.
-Make suggestions to improve the flow of sentences and their readability.
-Make suggestions to improve dialogue and make it feel more natural.

At the scene level, I can:
-Note where the story seems to lose focus or develops contradictions.
-Make suggestions on how a scene might be improved with the addition or removal of certain elements.
-For games with choices, note scenes with choice/branching potential and suggest ideas.

At the story level, I can:
-Make suggestions on the story's flow from scene to scene.
-Note potential plot holes and suggest possible solutions.
-Offer my opinion on plot-points or the story in general.

I'm currently too busy to offer free editing services, but if a project is small, and I have the time, I might consider accepting, so feel free to ask anyway.

I've also decided to offer my writing services as well. My rates are negotiable.
You can read a small snippet of my current project here: Writing Sample

Please PM me or leave a response here with any questions or proposals, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time!

Karsten

Re: Writer, Editor, Proofreader [Open]

#2 Post by Karsten »

I'm open again and looking forward to taking on new projects.