[PROOFREADING / TEXT FINALIZING] - Seeking $50-$100 Per Gig

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
MeteoXavier

[PROOFREADING / TEXT FINALIZING] - Seeking $50-$100 Per Gig

#1 Post by MeteoXavier »

I looked for rules specifying what I could and couldn't post regarding services offered for this sub-forum. If I need to edit/fix this post in any way to be line with site guidelines, I will be happy to.

Howdy, I'll try to keep this short and to the point. I'm trying to earn some extra money for expenses I've had to incur this month, so I'm looking to see if I can work for anyone here to proof/finalize any text-related items relevant to your indie game project. This is already something I've been doing as part of my day job and other after-work moonlighting gigs since 2003, and now I'd like to see if I can find some gigs in this area for it.

Work availability for:
* In-game text.
* Game scripts in document.
* Design documents.
* Advertising material.
* Website material.
* Additional relevant material where text and communication is involved.

This isn't necessarily a "creative" type job, so I don't provide editing services for stories, characters, consistency, etc. What I fix are typos, misspellings, grammar, punctuation, double spaces, comma splices and even some "Engrish" if applicable. My aim is to provide a much, much improved polish for your text so as to help make sure your audience appreciates your work as professional quality.

My typical freelancing rate is $20.00 per hour, but as this type of work and medium requires flexibility, flexibility for pricing and work can be offered. I'm particularly aiming for work gigs that are roughly 2.5-5 hours of work that I can bill $50-$100 total for, but I'm willing to be open-minded here as well. How quick it goes depends on the work involved, but that $50-$100 total range is what I'm looking to bill, along with Paypal's fees.

My proofing resume, which I have on a temporary page at least, is http://www.jslawhead.com/p/proofreading ... vices.html. If interested, you can contact me in the comments, in private message, or buy emailing me at meteo[dot]xavier[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thank you!