[OPEN] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

[OPEN] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services

#1 Post by Gabmag »

Hi, everyone!

My name's Gabby and I'm here to offer my services as a proodreader and/or editor on your project!

I'm the lead developer of the BL game "The Divine Speaker", where I write, program, proofread and edit. You're free to check us out on Twitter, Kickstarter or Itch.io if you want to get a sense of my previous and current work.

For now, I am only taking projects 10,000 words or less!

Services

Proofreading and Copy Editing
0.02 USD per word
If you hire me to proofread your project, I will check for spelling and grammatical mistakes and correct any that I find.
This can be either in a word document (or similar), or in Ren'Py script form.

Editing
0.03 USD per word
If you hire me to edit your project, I will check for spelling and grammatical mistakes, as well as sentence structure and word usage, and fix any issues that I find. This is particularly useful if English isn't your first language, and you're worried about awkward sentences or poor word choice. Where I can, I'll improve sentences to be more natural.
I will also give comments on the story flow and check for plotholes and inconsistencies, if requested.
This can be either in a word document (or similar), or in Ren'Py script form.

Playtesting
0.05 USD per word
If you hire me to playtest your project, I will both edit and proofread, as well as test your game build for any other technical issues. I will note these down for your programmer to change, if you so choose. This could be anything from issues with transitions, sprites, backgrounds, music and more. I will help you to achieve a nicely polished game!

Free Projects
If you're just starting out as a visual novel developer, I'm happy to help you with editing/proofreading for free on the following conditions:
  • Your game is free and non-commercial
  • 2000 words or less only
  • Paying projects will be prioritized

Terms and Conditions

My terms and conditions are rather short, but important. Please take the time to read through them:
  • I must be credited as Gabmag
  • Half payment will be due upfront, with the other half after the job has been finished
  • Payment must be made through paypal
I am comfortable with any subject matter. NSFW, BL, GL, fetish, all fine at no extra cost. I'm most experienced in BL and fantasy settings, but I'm happy to work on anything.

Contact me

If you'd like to work together, please contact me via Discord ( gabmag#9996 ) or email ( missgmr(at)rocketmail.com ). Please include details about your project, the length, and what you'd like to hire me for. I'll try to respond within 2 days maximum. Please note that I'm in Australia, so I may be asleep when you message me, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading, and looking forward to working together!
Last edited by Gabmag on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.

foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso

Re: [Open] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services

#2 Post by foleso »

Gabmag wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:21 am snip
Gabmag was an absolute delight to work with! My script sounds a lot more natural and flows really well. Not only did she correct some of the smaller issues I'd overlooked, but also re-worded a lot of sentences to sound less awkward! 10/10 Will reccommend Gabmag for your project ♥

wulfmune
Regular

Re: [Open] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services

#3 Post by wulfmune »

My project is in very early stages and I'm still not sure what my end goal is.

Gabby was really friendly and empathetic when I approached them with my project.
Even though I'm not sure if my project will stay completely free, Gabby was still willing to look at it and give me feedback.
The suggestions were excellent and notes were super helpful and exactly what I needed moving forward.
Gabby was very speedy in their response as well.
I definitely would love to work with them in the future when I have a better idea of what my goals will be.

Thank you so much Gabby for looking at my project and giving such good feedback!
I really, really appreciate it so much!

Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon

Re: [Open] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services (Free slots for NaNoRenO)

#4 Post by Gabmag »

Thank you two!

Also, I wanted to announce that I have a couple of free slots for NaNoRenO. Let me know if you're looking for any proofreading, editing or playtesting!

Gabmag
Regular

Re: [Open] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services (Free slot for YaoiJam)

#5 Post by Gabmag »

Free slot taken!

Gabmag
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Proofreading/Editing/Playtesting Services

#6 Post by Gabmag »

Now open again for smaller projects after a long time being closed :)