- 6th May 2020
- 12th May 2020
Hi-ho, Wudgey here!
‧͙⁺˚*･༓☾ HERE'S MY PORTFOLIO ☽༓･*˚⁺‧͙
I'm a freelance writer, lover of cats, and general visual novel busybody, passionate about storytelling and design.
I'm most experienced with the following genres:
| Fantasy | Action | Romance | Humor | Drama |
I've also created a short demo for a 2019 game jam, where I did 100% of the writing, sprite art and code in two weeks.
You play as an android who goes on tinder dates. Your goal is to develop enough social skills to pass the Turing test.
- listening and fully understanding the project's needs, priorities, and scope before moving forward.
- writing in a concise, VN-friendly style with emotional context between the lines.
- writing smooth, logical transitions between scenes.
- developing well-rounded characters with strong reasons behind their behaviors and manners.
- developing believable, coherent character relationships, group dynamics and background stories.
- worldbuilding, ensuring consistency in the game's mood, theme and setting.
- filling plot holes.
- editing my work until the client is fully satisfied.
- turning in a consistent amount of work on a regular basis.
- just being an enthusiastic supporter with good humor, and overall lovely to work with.
I am open to both free and commercial projects. On a casual and professional level, I've been writing and editing for 15+ years. I'm intermediately familiar with ren'py and the engine's capabilities, as well as script formatting. If something unexpected were to come up, I am not too shy to communicate clearly and offer a revised deadline or discount.
I've written hetero cis pairings, same sex pairings, a polygamous arrangement and am open to more. Love is love. ❤
I'm more interested in plot than porn, but I'm perfectly comfortable writing 18+ NSFW or graphic violence (...preferably not at the same time).
The only thing I absolutely will not write is:
- Non-consensual sex, which includes rape and pedophilia.
I consider myself very open-minded, but I do reserve the right to reject any commission offers if I do not feel I will be a good fit.
But enough about me! Let's talk about my ---
I often call this "writing from scratch," wherein I write the first draft from an outline, storyboard, or loose direction. The length of time it takes to write will be dependent on the subject matter. I'm much faster at writing raw dialogue than I am at expository background descriptions, for example.
My rate is 0.04 per word, but I'm open to doing a flat rate per scene. I'm not open to revenue/profit sharing.
Unlike writing, I can guarantee very fast editing delivery even with tight deadlines. I'm currently editing at a rate of about 400 words/day for another client, but I can do more.
Please inform me upfront how involved you'd like my edits to be; whether you prefer a light touch spellcheck, a heavy-handed script rehaul, or something in between.
My rate is 0.02 per word, but I'm open to negotiating a bulk rate or flat rate per scene.
By commissioning me to write or edit for your project, you may also receive the following additional benefits free of charge (on request):
- My decent google-fu skillz and willingness to do independent backend research.
- Involved discussions where we can brainstorm, nailing down worldbuilding and characterization.
- Enthusiastic cheerleading. You can do it!!! Yeehaw, wahoo!
- Honest and earnest feedback from both a consumer and creator's perspective, with consideration towards pacing and UX. I will keep both lofty aspirations as well as realistic goals in mind. Detailed examples can be found in my itch comment history.
- Graphic design and basic code consultation.
- A candid and friendly demeanor; frequent and flexible communication.
I also draw lol. Commissions are forever closed, but if you'd like to see my work you can follow me on twitter. (ꃋิꁞꃋิ)
What's that? You have no money, but you still think I'm pretty fab? Well then, I can't offer any free work at this time, but ~YOU~ CAN FEEL ~~FREE~~ TO MESSAGE ME AND SAY HELLO!~ I'm just sitting at home all the time and I'm so bored.
I'm always happy to meet new people and talk about like, game design decisions made in dragon age, phoenix wright, ghost trick, mystic messenger, to the moon, AND MORE!
Please include the following information in your message:
- Project name, and a link to your social media or game page
- A brief synopsis of the plot/premise
- Which service(s) you're interested in commissioning
- Estimated scope (deadlines, word count, etc)
- Loose overview of your team structure, or any specific team members I'll need to work with directly
- A writing sample, if some work has already been completed and I am expected to assist or fill in for another writer
- Any other relevant information
Payment must be made via paypal, and unless otherwise requested, I reserve the right to display written samples in my portfolio.
I work best with clients who:
>Offer biweekly deadlines and payment.
>Are organized and provide outlines and character descriptions up front, along with a clear project scope.
>Are responsive when I ask questions, and open to hearing out and discussing ideas (even if they don't make the final cut).
>Provide strong media reference, such as movies, music, or games that inspired you.
I look forward to hearing about your game, and to our future of making something beautiful.