[OPEN] [Paid] Seasoned English-Spanish translator

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
VSS_Valdez
Discord: vss_valdez

[OPEN] [Paid] Seasoned English-Spanish translator

#1 Post by VSS_Valdez »

Hello there, my name is Valdez. As the title says, I'm an experienced English to Spanish (and vice versa) translator and beginner writer. I've had previous experience making VNs, though the one I was contributing the most didn't get to see the light of day.
My main goal as a translator is to make them as accurate and close to the source material as possible, which I intend to achieve through my knowledge or by directly asking the writer.
In regards to my writing, I'm aware it's not the best, as it's an activity I got into somewhat recently, so I'm hoping I get to join a team and contribute in small ways as my skill gradually improves, so I can start working on my own VN.

I also write on ocasssion, having recently written a short NSFW story for the artist BraveBengal on Twitter. (WARNING: +18 content). If you have any questions in regards to my past writing experiences, feel free to hit me up privately. I used to be a member of a VN development group, planning routes and writing scenes.

In regards to topics, I'm ok with working on safe themes, adult/mature, or anything in between, simply send me a message or contact me on Discord with a summary of your project and I'll see if I'm interested in it (we can also discuss things like deadlines and upfront payment). My discord is vss_valdez

Projects I've worked on:
-And now, time to study - By Rasalhague
-Pirates of Gensokyo: the Quest for the Heart of Alice Margatroid - By Rinzai Gigen
-Lotus Reverie (QA) - By Keinart
-I'm a SIDE CHARACTER in a BL story! - By Red-Baby
-Maid Mansion - By Crazy Cactus Entertainment
-Budacanta's demo - By Alianora La Canta
-The Five Day Detective demo - By KrunchyFriedGames
-Light My Way - By Bat Studios

Translation/Localizing: $5 USD for every 1000 words, rounded up (for example, if your project has 1.6k words total, I will count that as 2k). 30-40% upfront, depending on the size of the project.

Translation slot: OPEN

Have a good day.
Last edited by VSS_Valdez on Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:44 pm, edited 47 times in total.

rasalhague
Projects: And now, time to study/Monster Girls: the Advent
itch: rasalaghe

Re: [CLOSED] [FREE] Experienced English-Spanish translator, amateur writer

#2 Post by rasalhague »

Valdez is a dedicated and serious translator, with a good knowledge of both English and Spanish languages. He knows how to manage figures of speech and expressions in Spanish, which, more often than not, are hard to translate faithfully for an English audience to understand. He did an excellent job writing my script in English, carrying out a thorough research of culture aspects and environments, and always making sure to convey not only words or sentences, but the most important thing of all: the true spirit of my original narration. He was easy to communicate with at all times, and in essence, it was a true pleasure working with him.

I definitely recommend his services to anyone interested in translating their works from English to Spanish or vice versa.

Rinzai Gigen
itch: rinzai-gigen.itch.io
Discord: Rinzai Gigen.#3371

#3 Post by Rinzai Gigen »

VSS Valdez is as humble as he is talented; don't be fooled by my prosaic accounting of his work, since I speak plainly of it only so as to honour his restraint. Over the last month he and I have worked together to create the best possible translation one could imagine for my TouHou fangame Pirates of Gensokyo: the Quest for the Heart of Alice Margatroid*. Senor Valdez had to contend with puns, wordplay, alliteration, slang, obscure pirate references, even more obscure TouHou jokes, as well as my own disorientation as a primarily English speaker. In spite of the difficulties, as well as because of them, we never lost the thread of our conversation, nor the Spirit of the Original Text, and we both learned lots. Valdez truly lives up to his resume and reputation. He is patient, organized, clever when necessary, attentive to both detail and context, knowledgeable, honest, curious, respectful, and eager to learn. He respects the languages he works in, including the code, and he is forthcoming in his opinions and mistakes. blah blah blah, would recommend.
Rinzai Gigen.
Subliminal Mind Games.

[({R.G.||S.M.G.)}]
*https://rinzai-gigen.itch.io/pirates-of ... -margatrod

VSS_Valdez

#4 Post by VSS_Valdez »

After contributing to two projects (the ones above this comment), I've decided to once again offer my services for free, and this time I'll open two slots.
I want to thank both Rasalhague and Rinzai Gigen for giving me the opportunity to work on their VNs, I've learned a lot thanks to them.

I'll update the main post shortly, but most of it will remain the same.

VSS_Valdez

Re: [OPEN] [PAID/FREE] Experienced English-Spanish translator, amateur writer, and proofreader

#5 Post by VSS_Valdez »

After working on a few more projects, I've gathered enough confidence to make some important changes, the main post has been updated

VSS_Valdez

Re: [OPEN] [Paid] Experienced English-Spanish translator

#6 Post by VSS_Valdez »

Post has been updated, changes have been made to services offered, I'm going back to translations. Currently on vacations, which means I now have more free time.

VSS_Valdez

#7 Post by VSS_Valdez »

Offering my services once again after taking a break

VSS_Valdez

#8 Post by VSS_Valdez »

Open again!

Alianora_La_Canta
Projects: Budacanta
Organization: ImpararBuddy
Tumblr: alianoralacanta
itch: alianora-la-canta
Discord: Alianora La Canta#8170

#9 Post by Alianora_La_Canta »

VSS_Valdez translated the Budacanta demo into Spanish and comes highly recommended for a professional approach and creating sentences that flow well. The work arrived early, accurately and in a good format. (The translation is in the late stages of beta-testing along with translations in other languages and some other improvements - I will update with a link once beta-testing is complete).

VSS_Valdez

#10 Post by VSS_Valdez »

Hello everyone! My father's car recently broke down, and although I have some funds set aside to help my family in emergencies or situations like these, I am running out of such funds, and I would be very grateful if anyone here could send a job offer my way. Have a good day!