[CLOSED] Japanese/Chinese>English, English/Chinese>Japanese Translator and Editor (Writing Services Also Available)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Lantern_Monster
Projects: Dog Days of Summer
itch: lanternmonster

[CLOSED] Japanese/Chinese>English, English/Chinese>Japanese Translator and Editor (Writing Services Also Available)

#1 Post by Lantern_Monster »

CURRENTLY CLOSED

Hello everyone! I am Lantern_Monster, an Australian born Japanese resident looking for some work to help keep my sanity through all this COVID-19 stuff happening everywhere.

A Little About Me
I am a mid-twenties woman, born in Australia and living in Japan for a number of years, and I'm currently a stay at home mum. I began studying both Japanese and Mandarin Chinese at 11/12 years old, and have been both studying and using the languages consistently for more than ten years now.

I don't have professional experience translating, but I do as an amateur. I like to read and write as a hobby, both novels, short stories, and visual novels. The first visual novel I played was a game called Second Reproduction which started me down the rabbit hole of visual novels and otome games however many years ago. My favourite developers of visual novels are the Japanese companies Rejet and Quinrose (now known as Quinrose reborn after being acquired by Otomate). Probably my favourite otome game is Black Wolves Saga or maybe Desert Kingdom.

What I Can Offer
I am offering mainly translating services as follows;
  • English and Mandarin Chinese to Japanese
  • Japanese and Mandarin Chinese to English
  • Proofreading/editing
I am JLPT N1 accredited, but at this time do not have the Chinese equivalent (HSK) therefore I don't feel confident enough in my abilities to write accurately in Chinese enough to offer the service at this time, though as I do have amateur experience in translating from Chinese and can provide examples, I will still be offering that.

I also offer proofreading and editing of both translated texts for flow and accuracy, but also of non-translated pieces. I can work in American English, Australian English, and British English.

REGARDING WRITING SERVICES;
I am also offering services as a writer, though this post is mainly for my translation/editing services. For those who wish to discuss writing work please message me at the contacts at the bottom.

What I Will Not Work On
There are very few matters of content or themes which I will refuse to work on, however the following is a list of what I will likely refuse;
  • Works containing blatantly underage characters partaking in sexual activity and/or scenes which allude to such (things like flashbacks to past traumas may be okay, will need to be discussed).
  • Works containing obviously derogatory scenes and/or dialogue with the purpose of offending people of specific racial or sexual backgrounds.
Other than these two points almost anything is alright, including sexual content (18+ is fine), violence, death, and other sensitive themes/scenes, so just send me a query about it if you're not sure whether what you're working on is okay or not.

Also genre wise I find comedy difficult to work with (horror and fantasy are my strongest).

Payment
At this point I will not be taking payment for my work.

Please tell me of the length of your work in your query.

Contact Info.
You can contact me either on here through private message or on Discord at LanternMonster(提灯お化け/提灯怪物)#2881

You can also sent me an email at tidengguaiwu@gmail.com.