[OPEN] Writer/Proofreader/Editor for hire.

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
faraday

[OPEN] Writer/Proofreader/Editor for hire.

#1 Post by faraday »

[Availability, as of 15-9-2020]
Writing: (2/2)
Editing: (2/4)
Proofreading (-)
Pm/Discord for current status.

Hello there! It's FARADAY.
We'll get to my real name when we work on projects! :D

Who is this guy?
I'm an Asian who's bad at math. Yes, my parents are disappointed. "Why you no become doctor?"
My earliest experience in this field: Around 2010 when I was a kid, working as a proofreader/occasional writer for a VGBA mod of Pokemon Emerald. When I say working, I meant spending months on it with no pay.
I've evolved over the years. I am now a writer, a reviewer, a free spirited young adult... and the bastard who recently got retrenched. Thanks COVID-19. :cry:
I'm closing the chapter to my previous name. I'll make a name out of Faraday. Please go easy on me, I'm starting fresh.

My skill set
Proofreading - I've been proofreading my coursemates' assignments (for free) and theses (not for free) in my uni years.
Translation - As a native speaker of both Chinese and English, I am proficient in both. CHI > ENG translation is where I shine, whereas ENG > CHI will take me longer.
Dialogues - I've been in projects before, handling dialogues for 2 characters at most to stay in character.
Writing - My best record is 830 words in a day. This comes with promise of quality writing, by my standards.

NOTE FOR TRANSLATION
I cannot stress this enough. If you want your game translated to Chinese, you have to be specific.
There are 2 types of written Chinese to choose from, Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese.

"Please close the door"
繁體 - 請把門關上 (Traditional Chinese)
简体 - 请把门关上 (Simplified Chinese)

In general, schools in Mainland China use simplified characters exclusively. (I'd say most can understand Traditional Chinese)
Schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan use traditional characters exclusively. (They have difficulty reading Simplified Chinese)
As for the overseas Chinese community. Most can read Simplified Chinese. Traditional Chinese? Not as much.

I can work with
Characters - I can help you flesh out your characters, and give you constructive insight. My biggest responsibility is to prevent you from making the main character based off yourself OP and unlikable. (We've all done that)
World building - I can help make your world from scratch, giving it rich backstories and lore.
Scripts - I can ensure the quality, while delivering exactly what you want to the audience.
Dialogue - I can make the conversations interesting and full of life.
Brainstorm - I'm here for you when you face writer's block. I can give you creative suggestions to open up more possibilities.
NSFW content - I'm fine working with NSFW content, nothing too extreme though.

Payment
Depends on how much I like talking to you. Always open for negotiations.

If you think I'm your guy
Here's my DIscord: Faraday#8734
Here's my e-mail: faraday.officialffk@gmail.com
Once we've started working on a project, I'll give you my number for 24/7 coverage.

Side note: If you hit me up on discord, you will automatically be bumped up to friend status.You may talking to me by saying "What up bro"
If you start calling me SIR on Discord I will drop real tears.

Thanks for reading! *inserts cool ending note*