[OPEN] Proofreader looking for work [FREE]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Harashim3
Projects: Beasts of Raga
Tumblr: maiharashi
itch: MaiHarashi

[OPEN] Proofreader looking for work [FREE]

#1 Post by Harashim3 »

Hello!

My pen name is Mai Harashi and I am a proofreader. Though I have no experience in proofreading visual novels, I have proofread my friends' college essays and lab reports. If you send me an email at harashim3@gmail.com, I can share documents that I have proofread.

Also, I am a native English speaker. So, if you are international and feel that the English in your VN is awkward, I can help straighten it out.
Since I'm still a newbie in this field, I will be taking work for free.
If you would like to hire me, please send me an email at harashim3@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading :D !

Jamlenggames
Projects: Lewd Town Adventures
itch: https://jamleng.itch

Re: [OPEN] Proofreader looking for work [FREE]

#2 Post by Jamlenggames »

Here's my experience working with Mai Harashi:

I thought my English was pretty decent for being a second language, but when I launched my game a two months ago..
There were some complaints about grammar issues in the dialogue.
I began looking for a proofreader and that's where I saw the post of Mai Harashi. I made contact with her and within a few days the proofreading on my project began.

To my own horror, Mai Harashi found thousands of typo's, grammar issues, missing comma's/dots and more.
Over the course of a month the script became 10 times better and way more polished.
I have to note that my project is absolutely not NSFW and contains over 12000 lines of dialogue as of now.
It was really a lot of work for her. She truly did an amazing job, I couldn't have asked for more.
The contact through discord was insanely fast. In fact, I never experienced faster replies.

If you are looking for an amazing proofreader with a good grasp of the English language, I would very much recommend Mai Harashi.
10/10 in my book. I hope we can continue like this because I am a very very happy.

Arent
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Proofreader looking for work [FREE]

#3 Post by Arent »

Mai helped me by editing/beta reading a young adult fiction/fantasy novel of over 70000 words. She made nice suggestions for writing more fluently, suggested fitting English idioms and found several newly introduced or leftover errors from polishing the manuscript. Given the large amount of text, she also worked very quickly.

Apart from that, she gave nice feedback on good parts and pitfalls of the story, world-building, character design, general pacing of the story, quality of writing and certain grammar issues.

Mai actually wanted to work for free, but I simply felt that such a lot of work should receive some form of payment. But since she is willing to work for free, I honestly can't think of any reason not to immediately hire her ;)