[OPEN][PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)(NSFW/SFW)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Aventurine

[OPEN][PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)(NSFW/SFW)

#1 Post by Aventurine »

What can I offer you?

Excellent editing.

I'm a native English speaker, with an eye for detail and great understanding of linguistic harmony. I'll not only correct and polish your writing, I'll also give it that native feel

I believe in great communication and will keep you updated on your project, so you know where I'm at. I've got plenty of satisfied clients, have a read of their testimonials below!

What will I do for you?

Your work will be scoured meticulously for:
-grammatical errors
-punctuation errors
-syntax errors
-spelling errors
-continuity errors
-plot errors
-stylistic inconsistencies
-formatting issues
-language flow and harmony

Please note: I will NOT re-write the entire piece from scratch. That is a writer's job. My job is to improve existing work, which can include re-phrasing paragraphs or sentences I feel need tweaking.

I work with both US and UK English.

Experience (updated frequently)

-VN Script - "Genie in the Spaceship", TechnoElf Studio
- VN Script: "Masters and Contracts", IdenVi
- Test Script: Game title unknown, WinterWolves Games
- Novel Manuscript: "Aerith Garden", Arne
- VN Script: Game title unknown, DoriDreams
- Novel Manuscript: title unknown, MonoArt
- VN Script Demo: "Demon Hunter", Pink Tail Studio (ongoing)
- Novel Manuscript:- "The Golden Catalyst", Animon Works (ongoing)
-Game Script: Game title unknown, Hocem Racun (ongoing)

Contact

You can contact me at aventurineproofeditor@gmail.com

I do NOT communicate through Discord. All communications must be through email.

Rates

$0.005 per word ($5 per 1000 words)

New clients must pay 50% upfront

Last edited by Aventurine on Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:54 am, edited 41 times in total.

Roix

Re: [OPEN][100% FREE] Proofreader looking for projects and EXP! (Native English)

#2 Post by Roix »

I hired Aventurine to work on the first game my studio is developing. We will be releasing our first character this December, so the script definitely needed to be checked by a fresh pair of eyes. It's just over 30,000 words.

Aventurine's done an incredible job of taking the script to another level. She clearly has a flair for language, her English just flows and reads very harmoniously, while retaining a character's personality. She is also very easy to work with, delivers on time, and genuinely cares about the quality of her work - which is high.

I will definitely be coming back to her for future scripts, and have actually added her as a freelancer my studio will form a more regular professional relationship with.

Very highly recommended.

Aventurine

Re: [OPEN][FREE] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)

#3 Post by Aventurine »

I am open for more work!

Aventurine

#4 Post by Aventurine »

UPDATE: AVAILABLE FOR WORK

Sergei Falcon
Soundcloud: Sergei Falcon

#5 Post by Sergei Falcon »

Our studio worked with Aventurine on the translation of VN ""Genie in the Spaceship". I can describe the work as excellent. Since my English is at Google translator level, Aventurine did all the work. Accurately and on time.
Very highly recommended.

Arent
Regular

Re: [OPEN][FREE/PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)

#6 Post by Arent »

Aventurine edited/beta read a fantasy novel for me, 70000 words. I was in a bit of trouble since my translator had done atrocious work and I had to finish the translation myself. Since I'm not native English, there are of course cases in which I don't know whether an expression is common or would sound 'weird' in English.

Aventurine gave me feedback on my novel, pointed out weird sounding sentences and offered alternatives. She also helped me with finding fitting idioms in English. If you are not English and have a text which you wish to have checked before using in public, she can certainly help you.

Dori
itch: doridreams

Re: [OPEN][FREE/PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)

#7 Post by Dori »

English is not my native language. Aventurine perfectly edited my google translator style text demo. It was a pleasure to work with her. I am very grateful to her. I recommend it to everyone.
Very highly recommended.

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

Re: [OPEN] [FREE/PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)

#8 Post by Ernestalice15 »

I'm from Animon Works and we're working on a fantasy light novel project, The Golden Catalyst, with Aventurine right now.

The experience is quite pleasing so far! We're glad to receive helpful feedback and suggestion, and we feel that the script is really improved.
She works fast. Her working attitude and way of speaking are very positive, enthusiastic, and supportive, which is needed, and I think would be needed by every author.

I recommend it to everyone, especially for non-native speakers like me!

Aventurine

Re: [OPEN][PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)(Quick Turnaround)

#9 Post by Aventurine »

UPDATE: Available for work

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: [OPEN][PAID] Proofreader+Editor (Native English)(NSFW/SFW)

#10 Post by thebackup »

Aventurine edited a script for a new VN I'm working on and I must say she's very quick! She looked over a ~16,000 word script and while I gave a deadline of about a month and a half since there was no rush to get it done, she got it done in less than two weeks.

All this is without sacrificing the quality of her work - she did a great job at editing and rewording those awkward and wordy sentences, those that I wouldn't have found myself. And she keeps the mood and main idea of the story intact.

With her polite attitude and superb work ethic, she's someone I'd like to work with again for future projects. Highly recommended!

Aventurine

#11 Post by Aventurine »

Available for work!

Aventurine

#12 Post by Aventurine »

I'm available once again for work!