Writer/Editor looking for paid work

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
evergreenexpansion

Writer/Editor looking for paid work

#1 Post by evergreenexpansion »

Hello,

I’m the head writer over at http://evergreenexpansion.com/ were I regularly write about and review: music, light novels, traditional novels and visual novels. I have some experience writing short stories and novels as well (you can visit the short stories section of the website to read “Doll in a glass house” completely free).

I’m here on Lemmasoft looking for a role as a paid writer or editor in a visual novel team, if this sounds like what you’re looking for and you’re interested please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’ll provide further reading samples and we can work out an offer.

I’m also looking to review more OELVN’s so if you have a game that has been completed I’m happy to review it on my website for free. Please note reviews won’t be sugarcoated at all but they’re not overly harsh either, I try to give a balanced impression of all the separate aspects of the VN so the reader can make there own mind up.

Thanks for reading, have a great day.

-Ever

Evergreen#9044 on Discord.

evergreenexpansion

Re: Writer/Editor looking for paid work

#2 Post by evergreenexpansion »

Research Document (2).pdf
(98.41 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Quick summary and outline I did for a client, I am still accepting work :)

qtren

#3 Post by qtren »

I hired Evergreen to proofread my script. Here is what I think:
1. He pays attention to the smallest details, more than just typos or word choices, e.g. "the book" or "a book" .
2. He is a friendly person, and works at a steady pace, and you can see his progress.
3. He communicated with me along the way, would always reply to my questions within a day.
4. He charged me a lower rate than most other people on lemmasoft are charging.

Overall, great experience. I will recommend him.

evergreenexpansion

#4 Post by evergreenexpansion »

Update.

I'm open for commission again after the completion of multiple projects.

The new writing portfolio has been completed, check it out!
https://evergreenexpansion.com/wp-conte ... olio-1.pdf

All reviews will gradually be moved to my Goodreads account:
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/134 ... -expansion

The website has been overhauled and updated, if you have any questions feel free to contact me using the form on the site.

That's all for now :)

evergreenexpansion

#5 Post by evergreenexpansion »

Update: Sample of Candyworld, an original story written by me a few years back

Welcome to Candy World Amusement Park

Chapters:
Admission
Tourist Guide/Fortune Teller/Rollercoaster
Art Gallery/Circus Tent
Carousel
Bumper Cars/Love Tunnel
Sweet Shop/Headquarters/Paintball
Ferris Wheel

Synopsis: A private island opened in Japan is to become Candyworld, the world’s largest private amusement park.
The Candy Corporation is the only known beneficiary and no one representing the company had ever made a public appearance.
They also create the most popular candy products in Asia, owing to the creation of their popular mascot C.C Andy, a yami-kawaii character.

Welcome to Candyworld, where you can have anything you’ve ever wanted.

Chapter 1: Admission

The boy was covered head to toe in mud which hung in large clumps in his thick hair.
Another day just like every other, he began wiping the filthy mix from his eyes.
Luckily they had managed to avoid his bag this time, so he wouldn’t have to explain to his mum why he needed a new one again.
As the sun set on Shibuya and the crowds swarmed into the train station the youth started the journey home.
As I’m sure you can guess by now, he was a victim of bullying, recurring bullying that had plagued the majority of his adolescent life.
Now he found himself within a few short years of graduating, and with very little to show for it.
He passed all his classes, it was true, but with barely permissible attention to detail.
If he wanted to go to university after school, it would be pointless as he wouldn’t be able to rank high enough in the schooling system.
Life for our protagonist young Kazuya was effectively all set out in front of him, or at least he thought.
Graduation would be followed by a job as a salaryman in some office and he would eventually be able to move out.
But none of this meant anything for the 17-year-old, because he had realised a long time ago that nothing ever really changed for him.
“Shit”
Kazuya reacted instinctively to the bus that passed by him, it was probably the bus taking all the students home from their extracurricular classes.
But it was too late to hide, he pretended not to notice the looks emanating from inside of it.
But there was one look he couldn’t pretend not to notice, a classmate of his, with brilliant neon red hair.
The look she gave him wasn’t one of derision or even sympathy.
There was nothing in her eyes, the look, Kazuya thought, one would give an ant or a fly.
Something unimportant and not worth looking at.
The bus sped down the street, and Kazuya boarded the train.
-
By the time Kazuya arrived home, his mum had already left to attend a work function, made obvious by the cute hand-drawn notice left on the fridge door.
For the best, as he wouldn’t have to make up an excuse about his clothes, he figured she had almost caught on anyway but any extra day he could avoid the issue he would.
Was it the coward's way out? Perhaps, but the boy couldn’t be afforded the luxury of striking out on his own, instead he spent the rest of his night cleaning his clothes and having a shower before going to his desk.
Here was the only space Kazuya felt alive, the only place he radiated energy and force.
When it came to illustration he would probably tell you he was “alright” but the truth was the boy was quite accomplished, and with a little refining could be a professional manga assistant even at his young age.
His only problem was a lack of confidence in his work.
Though he cracked a smile multiple times as he got into the workflow and was at peace with the world for these precious few hours at night.
Eventually, it was 1 pm and he had finished a sketch of the colosseum in Rome.
To be continued...