[OPEN, PAID] Writer/Editor/Proofreader for Hire

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
RoseUponRose

[OPEN, PAID] Writer/Editor/Proofreader for Hire

#1 Post by RoseUponRose »

Hello! My name is Rose, and I’m here to offer you my services as a writer. Together, we can make your visual novel idea a reality!

A bit about me:
I’ve been writing for fifteen years, since the delicate age of ten. Granted, I’m sure I sucked for the first half of that, but, as they say, practice makes perfect….Or, at least, practice makes proficient. So, while I may not have achieved perfection, I can promise you talent and well-honed skills.

What are my credentials, you ask? I’d be happy to tell you!
I was the fiction editor of my school’s literary journal. I edited other people’s stories and published many of my own pieces.
I’ve taken several creative writing classes, all of which I aced.
On the writing section of the SAT, I scored a 750, putting me in the 98th percentile of students taking the test that year.
I’ve written three novels. While I haven’t tried to publish any “officially,” I have gotten rave reviews when I posted online. Here are a few examples of those reviews (ignore the grammatical mistakes; I didn’t write these, obviously):
  • “I just wanted to tell you that this is literally my obsession. You're such a good writer and storyteller, and you've had me in tears and glee with this story. I also want to thank you, because this story inspired me to pick up writing again. Keep up the phenomenal work!”
  • “What a truly gorgeous, wonderful tale you've written. I always say that there was a golden age of FP and by golly did you capture that in this story. Beautiful, seriously. Both of your leads were both angsty, yet relatable, and somehow still entertaining throughout, brining in old/only mentioned characters felt fresh, and never have I seen death done so well on this site. Thank you for this gem. Keep writing and never stop.”
  • “oh...my...goodness. oh my goodness I did not see this coming. wow. this was powerful. I feel like...I don't even have the words to express this chapter. wow. I...wow. you've literally surpassed all my expectations for this story. this was simply incredible.”
I’m also currently out of school and unemployed, so I have free time to work on visual novels.

What I write:
I feel most at home with romance, slice-of-life, and the like. I started out writing fantasy, so I have experience with that, too. That’s not to say I can’t write in other genres. Those are just my favorites.

I’m A-OK with yaoi (my preference, in fact) and yuri, as well as NSFW (again, I’m most familiar with yaoi NSFW), gore, and pretty much whatever you want...except furries. I don’t feel confident writing about furries.

I’d also be willing to do some editing or proofreading if that’s what you need.

Examples of my work:
Here are some short stories: “Morning Star” (slice-of-life/romance) and “Burning Bright” (magical realism).
As visual novels tend to be longer, I thought I should also include some excerpts of my lengthier works: Chapter four of an untitled novel I’ve been writing on-and-off (hints of romance, with a depressed/jerk-ish protagonist) and chapter one of a novel I’ve put on hold (kinda slice-of-life but with a bit more plot).

Prices:
I’d like to hear about your visual novel. If we agree that I’m the right person for the job, then here are my prices.
For writing, I’m asking $0.04 per word.
The charges for editing and proofreading will depend on the time I invest.

Contact me:
If you’re interested, go ahead and leave a reply here, DM me, or send an email to RoseUponRose@outlook.com.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!