[Paid/Free] [Closed] Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
cut_and_paste

[Paid/Free] [Closed] Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

#1 Post by cut_and_paste »

Hello! I'm cut_and_paste, a writer, editor, and proofreader. While I haven't yet worked on a VN, I have several years of creative writing experience and am an English major at [redacted]. DM me for credentials or sample writing (note: since I've only worked in traditional poetry and prose, this probably won't be representative of whether or not I'm a good fit for your project).

If I find your project particularly interesting, I'll work for free if you'll have me. I've always wanted to work on an ambitious free VN along the lines of Katawa Shoujo (in scope, not content).

Basic Services
If you're willing to hire me for these tasks, I'll perform them regardless of content (barring rare exceptions on a case-by-case basis)

Proofreading
I will look for errors in grammar and typography and suggest revisions for any sentences awkward enough to distract me from the content of your work (if there are any).
Rate: 0.5 cents/word

Editing
A sentence can be grammatically sound and still lack clarity and grace. An image can be apt, but out of place. A plot can move from good scene to good scene while lacking cohesion. If you hire me to edit your work, I will, in addition to proofreading it, suggest ways to tighten your writing from the sentence level up. I will also provide analyses of the strengths and weaknesses of various elements of your writing and provide annotations of my thought process.
Rate: 1.5 cents/word

Advanced Services
At this level of involvement, I'd like to approach projects as if I were a partner rather than a freelancer. Therefore, I'll only take projects I can focus on deeply—please send your pitch and any necessary context if you're interested. If you want to see a sample of my work, I'll write a page or two on a topic of your choosing (with reasonable restrictions).

Editing Plus
Voice, or a writer's tendency and repertoire of tricks, is the most elusive aspect of excellent writing. If you hire me for Editing Plus, I will (in addition to editing) try to help you find your natural voice, or how to expand its range if you're experienced. I'll also be available for consultations on any aspect of your writing. You want to discuss how sentence length and tone interact in a particular scene? Sure. You want exercises to break writer's block? Done. The only thing I won't do is write long passages.

Rate: Negotiable

Writing
If my style fits your vision, I'd love to join your team.

Rate: 5 cents/word (negotiable)

Email—cut.and.paste313@gmail.com
I'll respond within a couple days to emails (hopefully sooner). If we have a lot to discuss or you've decided to hire me, I'll send you my Discord.