[PAID] I'm a french-english translator and proofreader!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Martii
Completed: In Love With a Goddess
Projects: God's Compensation
Github: martiidev
itch: martiis-novels
Discord: Martii#4678

[PAID] I'm a french-english translator and proofreader!

#1 Post by Martii »

Hey there, I'm Martii, a french student who'd like to help translating and proofreading games.

I have been learning english for ten years and I still plan to study it for many years!
As french is the fifth most spoken language on Earth (spoken by nearly 280 million people in the World), you might want to enable a much wider audience to play your game rather than limiting yourself with english speakers. And that's when my help can be useful!

I will help translating or proofreading your game as accurately as I can, without using any machine-translating system. I give particular attention to the spelling, grammar, idiomatic expressions, punctuation rules, and everything else to make the translation eye-appealing and as understandable as the original text.
At the time of this writing, I have only worked on one project yet (chapter 9/10 of Lucie Adult Game, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=60052).

As said in the first line of this post, I'm a student. And who says student also says need of money to finance the student life, so I'll be (unfortunately for you) charging money for my services. Don't worry, I'm not super expensive, and I don't know yet how to set my prices so don't hesitate to contact me to discuss about your needs, and we'll see what I can do for you and at what price. For instance I charged my first proofreading work 70€ (85 USD) for 16000 words.

I am also a programmer so I know how to work with Ren'Py (and its GUI, its syntax...) as well as I can work with HTML/CSS/JS...
To sum up: I'm a native french speaker, with C1 CECRL english level (C2 being the maximum level), who can help you with your translating and/or proofreading needs from french to english and vice versa, as well as a bit of programming if necessary.

---------------------------------------------

Contact Informations:
  • Discord: Martii#4678
  • Email address: edgar.cdrn [at] gmail.com (yay, you just learnt my first name btw)