[OPEN] [FREE/PAID/NEGO] Editor and Writer Looking to Build Portfolio!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Avior
Regular
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T., Assume Survival, Glass Rooms, The Candles Breathe
Projects: String Us Together
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior

[OPEN] [FREE/PAID/NEGO] Editor and Writer Looking to Build Portfolio!

#1 Post by Avior »

I'm currently offering free editing service for Yaoi Jam projects <15k words and other projects <10k words! Free/negotiable service will be considered for longer non-commercial projects. Commercial projects will be charged the listed rates, but may also be negotiable depending on the project and budget!

Hello there! I am Avior (he/him), a queer editor and writer with a bachelor’s degree in English/Creative Writing. I’ll be honest and say I don’t have much professional experience in the world of editing, but I have been writing for a good twenty years, have a lot of personal experience editing other writers’ fiction, essays, and copy, and have seven completed visual novels under my belt! I’m looking to get started in professional freelance editing, so I’m offering both paid services and free work in exchange for reviews or endorsements.

My goal in editing is to give writers both critical feedback that will help them improve their writing, and positive feedback so they will understand their strengths and feel good about the progress they have made!

Portfolio
Click here for a sampling of excerpts from my work. You can also find all of my visual novels over on itch.io!

I’m currently offering my services as an editor, but I’m also willing to take on roles as a writer depending on the project! I have a few different tiers depending on your needs.

Proofreading
This is a light editing service that covers spell checking, grammar checking, and general formatting. This is the service you want if you just want a quick final look over to make sure everything is in order!

Line Editing
This is a more in-depth editing service that involves examining each line for word choice, style, and flow. If you are less confident in your writing, or want feedback on how your writing style is influencing your story, this is the service you want!

Full Story Edit
This is the most detailed edit. It involves line editing for style and flow, as well as examining story elements. I will not only edit your words and provide feedback on the writing, but also on the story itself, including plot progression, character development, and overall cohesiveness. If you want a deep, comprehensive edit, this is the service for you!

Writing
If you instead are looking for someone to write part of your game, I am also happy to work with you on creating content! This is largely done on a case-by-case basis; I am open to writing most genres, but I am most experienced with light sci-fi and light fantasy.

I am looking for paid work, but as stated above, I’m willing to take on smaller projects (generally <10k words) pro bono in exchange for reviews or endorsements!

Below are my asking rates, but I am happy to negotiate for non-commercial projects!

Proofreading - $0.01/word
Line Editing - $0.02/word
Full Editing - $0.03/word
Writing - $0.05/word

I’m happy to edit almost any project, but here are some general rules:
(These rules are more strict for writing services.)

Key: ✔ = OK, ◑ = Maybe (ask first), ✖ = No
  • ✔ Story-focused with NSFW scenes
  • ✔ Gore/violence
  • ◑ NSFW-focused
  • ◑ Furry/anthro (nekomimi/etc. is generally okay)
  • ✖ Racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/etc. (Does not apply if your work is addressing these themes, assuming it is done respectfully.)
If it's not mentioned on this list, feel free to contact me with any specific questions you may have! I'm generally open to working on most things, including "questionable" themes, as long as the work does not advocate harm to real people.

If you’re interested in hiring me to help you with your project, you can get in contact with me through any of the following:
  • Responding to this thread
  • Sending me a private LSF message
  • Sending me a Twitter message (@avior_dev)
Please include:
  • Your name and pronouns
  • What service you’re interested in
  • A brief description of your project/links to project pages
  • A short excerpt from your project, if possible
  • Estimated word count for your project
Thank you for taking a look, I hope we can work together soon! :D
Image Image

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

Re: [OPEN] [FREE/PAID/NEGO] Editor and Writer Looking to Build Portfolio!

#2 Post by alexei »

Hey there,

We're looking for a free proofreader for our YAOI game here - https://alexitsios.itch.io/the-princes-heart (detailed information about me, my team, and our game)

Short Excerpt:
Living in a palace can be its own form of torture, especially for Edward, Michael and David, three young men whose heartstrings are tangled and knotted together. As some dark force stalks the corridors of his home, Prince Edward must uncover the mystery whilst trying to win the hearts of his loves, the strong, kind Michael, and David, the poet with stars in his eyes.

The project is approximately 15k words.

We'd be glad to have you on board. My discord is alexei#5190 .

Avior
Regular
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T., Assume Survival, Glass Rooms, The Candles Breathe
Projects: String Us Together
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior

#3 Post by Avior »

alexei wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:17 am Hey there,

We're looking for a free proofreader for our YAOI game here - https://alexitsios.itch.io/the-princes-heart (detailed information about me, my team, and our game)

Short Excerpt:
Living in a palace can be its own form of torture, especially for Edward, Michael and David, three young men whose heartstrings are tangled and knotted together. As some dark force stalks the corridors of his home, Prince Edward must uncover the mystery whilst trying to win the hearts of his loves, the strong, kind Michael, and David, the poet with stars in his eyes.

The project is approximately 15k words.

We'd be glad to have you on board. My discord is alexei#5190 .
This sounds like a great project and I'd be happy to work with you on it! I'll send you a request on Discord so we can discuss the project in more detail! :D
Image Image

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars

#4 Post by alexei »

Cool! Glad to you have you on board!

alexei
Regular

#5 Post by alexei »

Avior edited our script in a timely manner. He's been very professional and followed instructions to the letter. It was a pleasure working with him!

BWestmoor

#6 Post by BWestmoor »

Hello! Are you still working in here?