[Open] Professional writer open for commissions!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Rose9307
Deviantart: Rose83

[Open] Professional writer open for commissions!

#1 Post by Rose9307 »

Hello,

I'm a freelancer that's been writing for over 15 years and am currently open for commissions. I've taken several in the past and have always had a wide variety of happy customers. I have also had short stories published in magazines and have done work for indie game storylines and characters.

Here are a few of the services I offer:

1. Proofreading and editing: Do you have a plot you're not sure is working? Do your characters seem flat? Do you need another pair of eyes to help guide you in the right direction? I'm willing to lend you a hand.
2. Fleshing out existing storylines, character backstories, and settings: Likewise, if your characters, plot, or setting seem two-dimensional and you're having trouble making them seem more realistic, I can also offer suggestions and write for you to enhance your existing work.
3. Creating content: If you would like to take your story in a new direction but don't have the time, or have something unfinished because another writer got too busy to help, I'm here to assist. I can also create new plots, characters, worlds, and character bios from scratch for you.

Cost: My current rate is $10 USD per 1,000 words, payable via Paypal.

Content: I work mostly with fantasy and soft sci-fi content, as well as slice-of-life, drama, and romance with varied tropes. However, if you feel I may be a good fit for a project that falls outside of those genres, please be in touch! Please be aware that I tend to stick to SFW content. I'm a big fan of visual novels but am open to working with any kind of game.
Please note: I do my writing and editing in Microsoft Word or Ren'py. I'm still new to Ren'py but can do very basic branches in it. Please keep in mind that I'm still learning. Also, I am unable to meet strict deadlines without at least a month's notice beforehand at this time. Thank you for understanding in advance.

Links: My gallery on dA: https://www.deviantart.com/bloodrose83
A sample of my writing: http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stori ... 1190.shtml
My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=53775096

Need a custom sample? If you're curious to know if I can tackle a specific sort of writing, please message and tell me what you would like. I can do a fast sample (200 words or so) to send to you for free.

Current project list:
None. I'm open to any length commissions!
Will be periodically updated. Please keep checking this space.
Please be aware: My turnaround for seeing and replying to messages can take up to a week.

Questions? Please DM me or post here! Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Last edited by Rose9307 on Sat May 21, 2022 6:43 am, edited 12 times in total.

Arent
Regular

Re: [Open] Professional writer open for commissions!

#2 Post by Arent »

Hi Rose,

could you please state your native language/country? This might seem unimportant at first glance but many people need feedback on the quality of their English/Spanish/whatever. Even if you are just a layman/not a professional writer you might get queried simply because you are native in xy.

thanks! :)

Rose9307

#3 Post by Rose9307 »

Arent wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 am Hi Rose,

could you please state your native language/country? This might seem unimportant at first glance but many people need feedback on the quality of their English/Spanish/whatever. Even if you are just a layman/not a professional writer you might get queried simply because you are native in xy.

thanks! :)
My native language is American English. I am also open to revisions/edits for people who would like their translations checked by a native English speaker.

Arent
Regular

#4 Post by Arent »

Rose9307 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 am My native language is American English. I am also open to revisions/edits for people who would like their translations checked by a native English speaker.
Thank you for stating your native language! I wrote you a private message.

Rose9307

#5 Post by Rose9307 »

Arent wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:05 pm
Rose9307 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 am My native language is American English. I am also open to revisions/edits for people who would like their translations checked by a native English speaker.
Thank you for stating your native language! I wrote you a private message.
Thank you, I'll have a look and be back to you shortly!

Rose9307

Re: [Closed] Professional writer open for commissions!

#6 Post by Rose9307 »

I have one open slot. Please comment here or DM if interested. Thank you!

Arent
Regular

#7 Post by Arent »

Rose edited/beta read an English translation of a 70000 words fantasy book over the last 2 months. She pointed out uncommon or wrong expressions, cluncky paragraphs, suggested better words and idioms, more succinct and fluent writing. She also helped a lot with general spelling and grammar errors.

Her feedback was very valuable to improve the quality of the translation. Since I am not native I necessarily need such feedback by editors or 'beta readers' and they necessarily need to be native in the language. She worked very fast and reliable and was also helpful with answering several additional questions I had after the actual editing.

She might also help with improving translations by DeepL or other highly advanced machine translations.

Rose9307

#8 Post by Rose9307 »

Now open for short projects due to the holidays: Any prose [minimum 5,000 words], character creation, short storyline creation in relation to a specific character (any genre), and more. I also work with a variety of mediums: games, comics and novels. Please comment here if interested! Thanks!

Rose9307

#9 Post by Rose9307 »

Still open. I'm interested in and am open to a wide variety of genres and ideas!

Rose9307

#10 Post by Rose9307 »

Due to someone deciding to pause their project, I'm open for another slot. Please DM or post here if you're interested! Thanks!

Rose9307

#11 Post by Rose9307 »

Still open for one short project, up to 8,000 words ($80).

Aellynna
Projects: Project Cult & Proverty

#12 Post by Aellynna »

DM Sent :D