Voice actor with speech impediment

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
intestinal-parasit3
Projects: Anxiety Compostion

Voice actor with speech impediment

#1 Post by intestinal-parasit3 »

So, I have wanted to try voice acting since I was a kid. The problem is I have a really severe speech impediment. Still, even though my voice may not be pleasant to listen to, it is... pretty unique. Anyway, I recorded one of my short here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/ ... 1466736560

Since my voice is so weird, I think I may be able to play a dopey/dumb character pretty well.

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone here is making a game and think my voice might fit a character, I would be forever in your debt if you gave me a part. Also, I will sacrifice a goat in your honor.

Of course, I am offering this for free. And I have no content restrictions.

Shagwrath
Regular
Projects: Shison L, Cosmic Raven
Organization: Progeny Gaming, LLC.
IRC Nick: Shagwrath
Deviantart: shawnbaybo

Re: Voice actor with speech impediment

#2 Post by Shagwrath »

Good luck man, if it's something you've wanted to do for so long don't get discouraged and don't give up.

Sorry I can't offer you anything but kind words because my project doesn't have voice.
Cosmic Raven - Episode 1
[KN][Comedy][Sci-Fi][Short][18+]

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#3 Post by Chocopyro »

I'm glad you haven't ever shied away from voice acting. I could think of a variety of roles you would fall right into. There's bound to be a lot of yokai in the story of my game, and one in particular, Hyakume, appears enough times that I'd been considering if I should get a voice actor for. It'll be a while before I can have the script ready to bring voice actors in, but I just want you to know, you're on my radar. :wink:

intestinal-parasit3
Projects: Anxiety Compostion

#4 Post by intestinal-parasit3 »

Chocopyro wrote:I'm glad you haven't ever shied away from voice acting. I could think of a variety of roles you would fall right into. There's bound to be a lot of yokai in the story of my game, and one in particular, Hyakume, appears enough times that I'd been considering if I should get a voice actor for. It'll be a while before I can have the script ready to bring voice actors in, but I just want you to know, you're on my radar. :wink:

Wow, thanks for considering me! Your game looks epic, by the way!