Sound Effects (Game & UI), Original Music, Casting [OPEN!]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ReubenLack
Regular
Organization: Cylight Studios
Tumblr: cylightstudios

Sound Effects (Game & UI), Original Music, Casting [OPEN!]

#1 Post by ReubenLack »

Hey there!

My name's Reuben Lack and I'm the co-founder of an audio production start-up called Cylight Studios. Our studio's worked with game developers, mobile app teams, and visual novel creators.

If you're interested in any of the services we offer below, you can either shoot me a message here on Lemmasoft or email me at rlack@cylightstudios.com

Sound Design
Check out our audio demo here!
* We can create original sound effects and ambiance tracks for your story, no matter the genre. From domestic otome stories to advanced sci-fi and fantasy worlds, we've got you covered.
* Cylight can also do your UI/GUI sound effects!
** UPDATE: Check out our UI sounds demo!
* Cost is per SFX and track, based on how complex the work is. Contact us and we can give you a game-specific quote!
* You'll own the SFX completely to use for as many projects as you'd like.

Original Music Composition
Here's our music demo!
* Music is $40/track (up to 5 minutes)
* You'll get drafts along the way to ensure the direction's what you want.

Line Cleanup and Mixing
* Already have voice actor lines you want leveled and cleaned-up? Whether it's 10 or 4,000 lines, we can do it!
* We can also mix together audio sequences of cut-scenes as well

Creative Support
* Not every game has voice actors, but we have expertise in hiring and directing for those that do!
* We've worked on a sci-fi game that's now on Steam, audioplays, and an upcoming fantasy VN from an artist in Belgium
* Cost is dependent on the size of the project, so feel free to shoot us an inquiry!

If you're at all interested, I hope you check out our demos and give us a shout! Feel free to PM me here or shoot me an email at rlack@cylightstudios.com
Last edited by ReubenLack on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.

MegaElla
Regular

Re: Sound Effects, Original Music, Line Cleanup, Casting

#2 Post by MegaElla »

Ooh, I'll be hiring you as soon as I get funds for now I'll PM you the details so you can give me a budget :D

Thanks so much!

ReubenLack
Regular

#3 Post by ReubenLack »

MegaElla wrote:Ooh, I'll be hiring you as soon as I get funds for now I'll PM you the details so you can give me a budget :D

Thanks so much!
Awesome! PM me what details you have and I'd be happy to give you a quote :)

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#4 Post by demonicbagel »

Yeah, if I had money right now, I'd probably hire you guys. As it is, I can't really afford anything til I get a Kickstarter, but I can't do a Kickstarter til I have some assets, but I can't get assets without money. Lol.

Really good sounding stuff, though. It'd fit with my Non-Commercial project, I think, if you guys can do slow, emotional tracks as well as I think you do :P
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

ReubenLack
Regular

#5 Post by ReubenLack »

demonicbagel wrote:Yeah, if I had money right now, I'd probably hire you guys. As it is, I can't really afford anything til I get a Kickstarter, but I can't do a Kickstarter til I have some assets, but I can't get assets without money. Lol.

Really good sounding stuff, though. It'd fit with my Non-Commercial project, I think, if you guys can do slow, emotional tracks as well as I think you do :P
Hey there!

Haha, yes, we can definitely so slow, emotional tracks. :)

If you have limited funds pre-KS, perhaps we could do a main theme for your game? Then, should the KS be successful, you can come back for SFX and more music if you need it. Let me know! We're interested in doing whatever we can to help projects out. Just shoot me a message if you wanna discuss specifics. :3

demonicbagel
Regular

#6 Post by demonicbagel »

Mmmm. I can't even afford a theme, sadly. Being a non-commercial project, I have to rely on the chance that Kickstarter is successful unless I somehow manage to come across funds for artists and music before then.

ReubenLack
Regular

#7 Post by ReubenLack »

demonicbagel wrote:Mmmm. I can't even afford a theme, sadly. Being a non-commercial project, I have to rely on the chance that Kickstarter is successful unless I somehow manage to come across funds for artists and music before then.
Alrighty. Best of luck with the kickstarter and the project! Wishing you the best :)

demonicbagel
Regular

#8 Post by demonicbagel »

There wouldn't happen to be a very slight chance that you guys would take a very sincere and truthful IOU, would there? I know I can't pay right now, but I've been searching for odd jobs quite actively, and I'm certain I'll find something soon.... Even if it's just for the theme song, I'd like to have SOMETHING to present with the Kickstarter, even if I have to use other Royalty-Free music for the demo. Then once that Kickstarter was successful (assuming it is), I could hire you guys for more songs and the like.

I don't expect you to go along with my idea, but I pride myself on business integrity anyway. Lol. If I say I'll pay when I can, I mean it, even if it takes longer than I'd like. I understand if that doesn't sound particularly appealing, but I am determined to complete this project no matter what.

ReubenLack
Regular

Re: Sound Effects, Original Music, Line Cleanup, Casting [OP

#9 Post by ReubenLack »

Putting a note here to thank all the people who've contacted us so far! We still have plenty of open room for additional music or sound effects needs! :)

ReubenLack
Regular

#10 Post by ReubenLack »

Happy to say we're now working with the developers of Purlieu on their game among a few others! Feel free to reach out and we'll give you a quote! :)

PixelFade
Regular

#11 Post by PixelFade »

Just dropping by to provide our positive experience with Cylight Studios. Their professional team caters to your individual project needs with fair pricing, are easy to reach (be it email, Skype...etc), always deliver quality assets with great turnaround time, and listen to feedback for adjustments/tweaks. We would highly recommend them for any audio services you may need.

Best Regards,

ReubenLack
Regular

#12 Post by ReubenLack »

PixelFade wrote:
Just dropping by to provide our positive experience with Cylight Studios. Their professional team caters to your individual project needs with fair pricing, are easy to reach (be it email, Skype...etc), always deliver quality assets with great turnaround time, and listen to feedback for adjustments/tweaks. We would highly recommend them for any audio services you may need.

Best Regards,
Thank you!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Sound Effects (Game & UI), Original Music, Casting [OPEN

#13 Post by Googaboga »

Hello I'd like to give my recommendation as well :3.

Cylight Studios is doing the OST and sound effects for my current project, XOXO Droplets, and I'm very pleased with it all. They're fast to reply and fast to finish which is certainly appreciated. They're super friendly too and really try to take an interest in the project as a whole rather than just the parts relative to the commission. If you need something music/sound related I'd definitely suggest them :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

ReubenLack
Regular

#14 Post by ReubenLack »

You can now check out Orion on Steam! It's the first commercial game that highlights Cylight music and sound design :D
We remain open for any audio needs!
Contact us: rlack@cylightstudios.com

ReubenLack
Regular

#15 Post by ReubenLack »

Check out our new UI sound effects demo!
Also includes a bunch of cutesy sounds for slice-of-life VNs! Take a peak: https://soundcloud.com/cylight-studios/ ... demo-final