Feedback for a newbie please

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
HarukaNami
Regular
Projects: Dire Love, The Exorcynic, Full Hearts, Cheat Heat

Feedback for a newbie please

#1 Post by HarukaNami »

Hello! My name is HarukaNami and as you guys can see, I am a newbie in this account.

I'm thinking about composing a few soundtracks for my first visual novel:

https://soundcloud.com/user-935209348

I used soundtrap for all available songs. I wonder if this is good enough for any visual novel soundtracks?

History: I used to play the violin for two year during my middle school years, but I quit and I never touched it again. I was a decent player since I was in the intermediate level. Even before, I played a little of my favorite songs made by others. I tried making my own music before, but I was lazy. I know that composers should play an instrument. At least just give me a chance to try.

Now I just got started on using soundtrap to make some music. Put your opinions below on the songs thanks!

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Feedback for a newbie please

#2 Post by firecat »

on: Epic Theme For An Awesome IndividualEpic Theme For An Awesome Individual

it is a great start but the ending could have been better, its ok to make it into loop but not too much.

on: Moment In The River OpeningMoment In The River Opening, Evil SuspenceEvil Suspence

too much loop, this was lazy made to 30 seconds / 1 minute.

on: Casual SongCasual Song

its how you want to make music, a little bit of a mix and a little bit of effort can go a long way.

overall, you need to learn to use more than one or two types of instruments. yes it possable to use only one but there is limits to only using 1. mixing the instrument also needs working out, you only added loops. Lastly, a good tip would be to use piano roll because it would make making any music easier.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

Re: Feedback for a newbie please

#3 Post by Noyemi K »

You'll want to upgrade to actually using a DAW instead of feeding loops/samples into soundtrap. I recommend FL Studio, since the price is good and the functionality is what you'd expect from a professional tool.
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

CalypsoGames
Regular

x

#4 Post by CalypsoGames »

[deleted]