[CLOSED_Temporarily] Musician, Composer, etc.

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Squishysoft

[CLOSED_Temporarily] Musician, Composer, etc.

#1 Post by Squishysoft »

[Updated 4/1/19]
Hello! My name is Squishyyy. I play musical instruments in my spare time and a bit more than a hobbyist. My main instruments are:
  • Percussion
  • Drums
  • Drum-like instruments I build
  • Piano
  • Keyboard
  • Keyboard-like instruments
  • Guitar
  • Ukulele
... and really anything you hit.
-------------------------------------------
Instruments I currently own:
--built
Cajon
PVC Marimba 1-Octave
--owned
Marching Field Drum
2.5 Octave Xylophone
88 weighted-key electric keyboard
Full Size 6-string Acoustic Electric Guitar
Full Size Violin
Standard Ukulele
Djembe
6-hole Ocarina
Standard Recorder
Triangle, Egg Shaker, Cowbell, Frog, and other noise makers
-------------------------------------------
Projects I've worked on as of [8/3/18]:
Sacrifice[link] - Composer
Circus Ballad[link] - Composer
Just a Number - Composer
Tyger Studios Project- Co-Composer
Projects I'm working on currently as of [8/3/18]:
Just a Number - Composer
--------------------------------------------
During summer/spring/fall breaks or really any time that I'm free I am will compose quite a lot, especially if I have a reason to - and I enjoy doing it! It may take me a bit to get what you want, but I do love composing music!
---------------------------------------------
I am a college student and spent 2 years studying music education with a focus on percussion. I have been playing percussion and drums for over 15 years and took piano lessons child. I picked up guitar, ukulele, and strings in general after taking a course during my music education studies. I have in one year in Music Theory at the high school level and two years of Music Theory at the College level.
As for composition, I grew up composing with Finale and Sibelius and the music I compose reflects that. I am currently spending some free time learning how to properly edit live recordings. I mainly compose with Sibelius 6 using samples from Kontakt, Virtual Drumline, General MIDI and Sibelius. I also have basic experience with Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) and Reaper.
My genres of composing are fairly broad, but I have done : classical, light rock, baroque, impressionistic, romantic, experimental, and some others I can't think of. I have composed all of the weaknesses described below, and there is at least an example of one of them on my soundcloud but I do not believe they do justice to my capabilities.
My weaknesses in composing are: only composing short length, music tends to be repetitive (but that's ok with video games, right?), Brass, Voice, and HEAVY guitar. I also do not do a lot of live composing, and so a lot of nuances are lost.
My weaknesses in terms of genres are: dubstep/any-step, ambience (to an extent), heavy rock/metal, pop/any-pop, country, AND ANY AND ALL EDM
My favorite composers are: Claude Debussy, Ludwig van Beethoven, David Wise, and Scott Joplin.
Other things: I like to experiment, mainly with odd meters, and polyrhythms (I am a percussionist after all).
This is my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/casey-hamilton-10
This is my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/drumaddictkc/
Last edited by Squishysoft on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AlexCLD
Projects: Just a Number

Re: [OPEN]Free Musician, Composer, etc.

#2 Post by AlexCLD »

I've been working with Squisy for the last few months and all I've to say is that he's a really good composer and an amazing person. If you need a soundtrack for your game he's definitely the guy you're looking for. I hope we can work together in the future, once we are done with our project :)

TigerAlpaca
Regular

#3 Post by TigerAlpaca »

Are you still available? Looking at the date of the post, I am concerned that you might already have a project you're working on. If that is the case- please forgive me for bothering you. However, I am just wondering if you're still free. The current project I'm working on- Beating Hearts- requires some music, seeing as my collaborator has backed out- leaving me to do everything myself. All of Act One has been completed, and my planned release date is 25 December 2019. I have a playable demo with little to no bugs in as well, just in case you want to check out my project beforehand.

Squishysoft

#4 Post by Squishysoft »

I am still free. I update the OP with the date every now and then to avoid confusion. My apologies for any confusion it has caused. PM details of your project and I can get back to you further ^^;
-Squishyyy

TMS_1

Re: [SEMI-CLOSED]Free Musician, Composer, etc.

#5 Post by TMS_1 »

Hey, my name is Marco and I am the lead developer here at We Are Three Studios, and I just wanted to stop by and give my experience of working with Squishyyy.

Squishyyy is an incredible professional who always responds to his emails and is eager to produce quality tracks that fit whatever mood. As Squishyyy can attest to working on our upcoming absurdist comedy "Rigo: The Movie", he has created many different tracks with many different atmospheres. Whether it was working on country tunes, ominous music, or normal pieces, he was able to compose anything.

I am very happy that we were able to work with him, and if any of you are ever considering working with a musician, I wholeheartedly recommend working with him!
WAT Studios