Chris Porter Music - VGM Composer [Available]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ChrisPorterMusic
Soundcloud: Chris Porter

Chris Porter Music - VGM Composer [Available]

#1 Post by ChrisPorterMusic »

Hello everyone, my name is Chris Porter. I have recently completed a couple of projects and some time has opened for me. I'd like to find an awesome project that's in need of music to fill that time up.

Below I will share a few tracks of mine. The ones that are written for games (both released and soon-to-be-released) are indicated as such, the others were written for fun but with games in mind. There are many more tracks on my Soundcloud page in various styles, but these are the ones that I feel are best representative of my more acoustic, orchestral, and/or fantasy-themed work, as well as darker electronic or rock styles. If you have a project that you think my music would work well with, please feel free to comment on here or message me privately. If your game requires music in a different style than the tracks I've shared, please let me know what type of music your game needs and I may be able to share with you an example that's more in that style.

My rates vary depending on the project (required music’s complexity, project budget, etc.), so I'll be happy to discuss your needs with you privately. I absolutely love to write music and I'm a very easy team member to work with.

I’m an experienced composer with five published soundtracks, including YOMOTSU Original Game Soundtrack which was released on the Materia Collective label. I've also contributed arrangements and mixing to a number of video game music tribute albums, including those released by Materia Collective and Patient Corgi.

Links to my official website and other pages where my music can be heard can be found at the bottom of this post.

"Delilah's Theme" (character theme)
Here's a new track I wrote for an upcoming RPG I'm working on called "Turn Back Time". The track is called "Delilah's Theme". The main instruments featured in this piece are acoustic guitar and a Chinese flute called a dizi, as well as various hand percussion instruments.

"Otherworld" (from YOMOTSU) (battle theme)
A battle track for the game YOMOTSU (created for IGMC 2017) featuring orchestra, choir, and electric guitars!

"Relict" (from ikenie Original Soundtrack Plus) (Dungeon)
This is the main theme and BGM for the game "ikenie" that was originally developed for Indie Game Making Contest 2015.

"Southview Fountain District" (from town)
I wanted to write something both serene and festive, making use of much of the orchestra. I imagine this piece playing in an RPG town, in an area with beautiful fountains set atop cobblestone streets.

"That Morning in the Village ~Greenstem~" (from Turn Back Time) (Town/Village)
Town theme for the upcoming RPG Turn Back Time.

"The Commoners' Square" (town/environment)
It's a short piece for small string orchestra, timpani, tambourine, and shaker. Ideal for an RPG setting, when writing this, I imagined a busy town square on a sunny afternoon, filled with folks gathered from all around the city. I wanted to convey in the music both the playfulness and carefree nature of the residents, as well as the beauty of the rustic area (that I was imagining in my head).

"Across These Plains" (field/town)
A field or town theme that would play either on the overworld map, some other large open field area, or even in a town in an RPG. Just for fun, I used mainly Middle Eastern instruments for this composition.

"Falkner Town" (from A Story of the End - Revere) (town)
This is a lively town theme I wrote for the RPG called A Story of the End - Revere.

"Goodies and Treats" (from A Story of the End - Revere) (shop)
Shop music for the game A Story of the End - Revere.

"Galician Sea" (from A Story of the End - Revere) (harbor)
This is a theme I wrote for a small harbor in the game A Story of the End - Revere.

"The Place We Called Home" (environment/field)
I composed this, as I usually do, with an RPG in mind, though I made this piece just for fun and it isn't for any game in particular. This piece took quite a long time to write and mix; I put a lot of thought into making every note count!

"Eastward Advance" (environment/field)
A track I composed just for fun using exclusively middle eastern instruments.

"The Forest Edge" (from Why is the Princess in a Magic Forest?! Original Soundtrack)
In-game music for an upcoming fantasy-themed 3D puzzle game called "Why is the Princess in a Magic Forest?!". This game was featured in the Indie Game Area at Tokyo Game Show 2015. "Magic Forest" will be going up on Steam Greenlight very soon!

"Silver Plains" (Field/Overworld)
I imagine this music playing as an overworld theme for an RPG. I pictured a portion of the map that is a vast plain, its grass covered in a dew that reflects brilliant silver light.

"Among the Forest Creatures" (from Turn Back Time) (Environment/Forest)
Forest theme for the upcoming RPG "Turn Back Time".

"Traversing the Mountain Pass" (Field/Environment)
An adventurous RPG-style theme. When writing this, I imagined either a solo adventurer or a group of adventurers traversing a snowy mountain pass, the wind blowing, a steep cliff on one side.

"A Small Hope" (emotional/cinematic)
This one is a piece that I entered into the 8Dio 2015 Standout Contest. It's an emotional, cinematic piece for a full string ensemble, flute, oboe, and acoustic guitar.

"42" (from Room 42) (dark/ambient)
This is the dark, ambient track that plays during the opening scene of the game Room 42.

"City - Reprise (End Credits)" (from Room 42) (electronic/ambient/experimental)
This one was somewhat experimental in nature. This is the end credits theme to the game Room 42.

"Through the Bitslum!" (Chiptune/town)
A fun chiptune track for a slum environment.

Links:

Official Website
Soundcloud
YouTube
Facebook
Last edited by ChrisPorterMusic on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisPorterMusic
Soundcloud: Chris Porter

Re: Chris Porter Music - VGM Composer [Available]

#2 Post by ChrisPorterMusic »

Hey, everyone! It's been a few months since I first made this thread, so I wanted to come back with an update. Here's a new orchestral track I recently finished that I'd like to share and add to the above tracks.

"Southview Fountain District" (from town)
I wanted to write something both serene and festive, making use of much of the orchestra. I imagine this piece playing in an RPG town, in an area with beautiful fountains set atop cobblestone streets.