KotoriMWorks's Professional Video Editing Services (Updated on 3/21/22) [OPEN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
KotoriWorks
Completed: Trailers/OPs: Find Love or Die Trying, How Stories Die, Sweet as Magic, Hikari! Love Potion, My Heart Grows Fonder, Vengeful Hearts, JPDE, Uni, Azure Wing, Snowed In, Our Lovely Escape, Bloom & QOTP, Up Until the End, As We Know It, Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Freelance
IRC Nick: Kotori, Ashley

KotoriMWorks's Professional Video Editing Services (Updated on 3/21/22) [OPEN]

#1 Post by KotoriWorks »

Hello, my name is Kotori! I am a professional freelance video editor and I create trailers, openings, and other video related works for visual novels. Video editing is a huge passion for me and I hope I can share that with you! I'm dedicated to giving my client's the best possible product.

• I’ve been editing videos since 2012, I have 9 years of experience.
  • I’ve done 30 visual novels trailer/openings, 2 channel intros, and a Youtube Review video.
  • I’ve been editing videos on Youtube since 2013: I’ve created AMVs (Anime Music Videos) & participated in more than 50+ MEPs (Multi-Editor Projects)
  • I use Adobe After Effects CS6 & Camtasia Pro 8
  • I'm able to edit any style that caters to your visual novel. I would love to hear your input on how you'd like the video to be, so we can create the video best to your liking based on the ideas we discuss.
  • My set rate is $175 (50-60 seconds). If the video goes over 1 minute, I kindly ask for $1.50 for every extra second. Anything below that in terms of seconds is $3.50 per second! (1-49 seconds)
  • Prices are negotiable! If there is a concern regarding pricing, please let me know!
  • Additional charges may include additional seconds, special effects, animation, complex effects etc. I will never charge extra unless discussed with you first and such ideas must be discussed with me before I start.
  • Listed prices on this forum can change at anytime, however based on the time you've messaged me, the listed price on the forum at that time is your set rate. Any increased updates on listed prices afterwards will not apply to you.
  • I ONLY accept Paypal payments
  • I ask for half of the payment upfront, and the other half of the payment after the video is completed. I will give you the finished product after payments have been received and processed.
  • I do not accept 'payment promises'. I must receive a secure partial payment before I begin work.
  • I provide 2-3 progress preview of the video before the full video is completed (clients may request for additional progress previews). I also provide screenshots of the progress to keep you frequently updated on the status of the work. Please feel free to message me anytime if you have any concerns or would like to bring something to my attention during the editing process!
  • Please kindly note that the revision limit is 3 revisions after the project is complete. I will charge additionally for further revisions, please provide a thorough list of changes you have for me as soon as possible (if you feel is needed).
  • I can finish your video within 3-5 weeks. I provide professional services & do my best to work as quickly as I possible. The whole process depends on the length of the video and what specific effects you'd like to add onto the video. If you'd like to include animation or more complex effects, this will take a longer time.
  • If anything comes up, I will let you know immediately if there is any necessary delays.
  • If you have a specific outline/ideas for your commission, please kindly provide all directions as clearly and specifically as possible on a google/word document so that I can ensure that the video is of the best quality and meets all of your needs. I would love to deliver my best work to you with your ideas/visuals in mind!
  • I do not allow complete remakes on major complex effects/processes made. Complex effects take several hours to days to complete depending on the effect. We can discuss possible different options and concepts first before the editing process so we can switch effects if necessary before one is finalized!
  • Please kindly list all revisions/changes you'd like as clearly as possible so I can make sure to make all of them at once.

"Find Love or Die Trying" Trailer

"Birth ME Code" Trailer

"The Villain and Gentleman" Trailer

"Camera Anima" Trailer

"Doki Doki Dollmaker" Trailer

"Blue Rose Reprise" Opening

"The Inn Between" Trailer

"Sweet as Magic" Trailer

"Our Lovely Escape" Trailer

• Please have a folder of assets such as Music, BG, Character sprites, in-game clips, and anything else you think I’ll need ready on Google Drive before we begin.
  • Please note that any materials that are not provided for me that require me to personally play through a client's game to obtain, such as in-game recorded clips and screenshots, may take time and may delay the overall project. I kindly ask for materials to be provided as it helps the project to run more efficiently and smoothly. Please also note that this will result in an additional fee of $30-$50 depending on how many materials I personally need to get, edit, and render. This takes anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks to compile on my own. I typically don't provide such services as getting my own materials from a client's project. Thank you for understanding!
  • I require for credit for creating the OP/Trailer in your game's ending credits. I place my best efforts in giving you the best finished product that I am capable of. Providing credit truly helps me as an artist and an editor.
  • I like to keep records of the commissions I create and I will require for the commission agreement signed before we begin. Feel free to preview the contents of the agreement here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WZNbXN ... sp=sharing
  • I do not provide my source files (such as the After Effects project file) to my clients. Please kindly understand that I retain the right to my editing work.
  • You can reach me by emailing me at ashleymworks@gmail.com. I will respond within 24 hours (if you've PM'd me on Lemma, please kindly email me as a reminder so I'm aware as private messages don't give me notifications). I am open to any questions or concerns you may have regarding anything written here. If you have Discord, please let me know in the email so I can add you on there.
Feel free to view my Trello to see if I'm working on any projects for other clients and my commission status:
https://trello.com/b/Py6B5i8D

Thank you for your time and I hope to work with you soon!
Last edited by KotoriWorks on Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:18 am, edited 188 times in total.

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

Re: [OPEN - LIMITED TIME DISCOUNTED PRICES!] Video Editing Services for OPs and Trailers

#2 Post by renkka »

Kotori is very passionate about her work, is experienced, and is committed to delivering amazing products at a quick speed. Would definitely recommend for all developers, especially those with a smaller budget, as her prices are very affordable. Definitely recommended!
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

Re: [OPEN - LIMITED TIME DISCOUNTED PRICES!] Experienced Video Editor for VN OPs and Trailers

#3 Post by burnt_offering »

Kotori is easy to work with, works fairly quickly and responds well to criticism. Definitely a good option, especially for low-medium budget projects.
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN

Letitia_L
Regular
Projects: Up until the end
IRC Nick: Letitia
Tumblr: letigame
Deviantart: LetitiaLambrechts
itch: https://letigame.itc

Re: Hardworking, Video Editor for Trailers, OPs - Inexpensive Prices [OPEN]

#4 Post by Letitia_L »

I definitely enjoyed working with Kotori!
She is really motivated and is really nice to exchange ideas with.
She acted very professionally with the feedbacks and critics that I provided.

It was really a pleasure to work with her, and I will not hesitate to contact her for an other project.
Definitely recommended :)
WIP project
Completed project

KotoriWorks
Completed: Trailers/OPs: Find Love or Die Trying, How Stories Die, Sweet as Magic, Hikari! Love Potion, My Heart Grows Fonder, Vengeful Hearts, JPDE, Uni, Azure Wing, Snowed In, Our Lovely Escape, Bloom & QOTP, Up Until the End, As We Know It, Stroke of Midnight

Re: [OPEN] Professional VN Trailers & Openings for Inexpensive Prices

#5 Post by KotoriWorks »

Updated "Bloom" & "Up Until the End" Trailers! I've also added some changes to my post.

KotoriWorks

Re: Professional VN Trailers/OPs (Update 12/1/18) [OPEN - December Discount]

#6 Post by KotoriWorks »

Hello there! I've updated my forum post along with a new trailer made for ReineWorks & Top Hat Studios, Inc incredible upcoming game: "Our Lovely Escape". Here is the new trailer:

RascalDevworks
Projects: Snowed IN, Catgirl's Questlist
itch: rascaldevworks

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs (Update 12/1/18) [OPEN - December Discount]

#7 Post by RascalDevworks »

If you need an amazing trailer like ours, commission KotoriWorks!
She was responsive and committed to the project--fantastic to work with! And we're super happy about the trailer :D

Keyliom
Regular

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs (Update 12/1/18) [OPEN]

#8 Post by Keyliom »

Kotori is the BEST of the life, and you, my friend(s) are crazy if you doubt even a little in not hiring her

Give her an opportunity and I give you my word, that you will not regret it

Ragnos
Regular

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs (Update 12/1/18) [CLOSED UNTIL JUNE 25th]

#9 Post by Ragnos »

Kotori is superb at the job she does, and her prices are fair; it would difficult to find a better trailer producer that can give you this kind of quality for this low of a price.
The work that she did for our teaser trailer Uni was quite exceptional, and we were extremely satisfied with the result. She is a delight to work with and has a passion for what she does; I highly recommend her services.

KotoriWorks

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs (Update 12/1/18) [OPEN]

#10 Post by KotoriWorks »

Hello again! I've updated my thread and have added 4 new trailers/openings I've done for Meinos Kaen's "JPDE", LadybugStudios's "Vengeful Heart", Sun-Riviera Studios's "Azure Wing", and HizorGames's "Uni". I've also created a trailer for Rascal Devwork's visual novel's "Snowed In". Here are the videos below:

Last edited by KotoriWorks on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hanuli
Regular
Completed: The Great Voyage
Projects: Vengeful Heart
Deviantart: Hanuli
itch: Hanuli

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs (Updated on 6/25/19) [OPEN]

#11 Post by Hanuli »

Kotori made this trailer for our Vengeful Heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s3DZ2VS8Lc

I have nothing but good things to say and I believe this image represents my experience perfectly:

Would recommend working with Kotori to anyone needing a trailer for their project.

Maranyo
Projects: My Neighbor is a Yandere!? (1&2), Aisu Paradise
Organization: Maranyo Games

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs (Updated on 6/25/19) [OPEN]

#12 Post by Maranyo »

I really enjoyed working with Kotori, she was super fast and knocked it out of the park with her edit and details on both SFW and NSFW versions of the trailer, I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a super professional work! 10/10

MiraiZura
Regular
Projects: How stories die.

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs/Youtube Intros (Updated on 6/25/19) [OPEN]

#13 Post by MiraiZura »

Worked with her, can say I am happy with the results. Recommended!

Ragnos
Regular

Re: Professional Visual Novel Trailers/OPs/Youtube Intros (Updated on 6/25/19) [OPEN]

#14 Post by Ragnos »

This is our second time working with Kotori, and still her quality has upheld itself to our standards and by all means she has improved in her abilities in trailer creation. She's high quality, her prices are reasonable, and she's a delight to communicate and plan with.
If you're still on the fence after reading all the above recommendations, I'll let you know that it's difficult to find better.

KotoriWorks

#15 Post by KotoriWorks »

Hello! I've come with another update of recent trailers I've completed in the timeframe from June 2019-December 2019 along with updating my forum post. Thank you again!
"My Heart Grows Fonder" Trailer for ZetsubouStudio:

"Hikari Love Potion" Trailer for TofferTeam:

"Sweet as Magic" Trailer for Crystal Compass:

"Uni" Second Trailer for HizorGames:

"How Stories Die" Trailer for VisualBagel:

"Camera Anima" Trailer for EXPressoMutt:

I'm also working on my website, so please look forward to the release of that as well!