Composer & sound designer with 10 years of experience

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

Re: Full-time experienced composer – Marek Domagała

#16 Post by PurpleMind »

Among other projects, I recently wrote the main theme for a medieval RPG game Evard The Hermit: Through Fears. It's an upcoming game developed by a solo dev, so show them some love and check out their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/your_fears_gamedev

Evard The Hermit – Main Theme

Kit

#17 Post by Kit »

Are you comfortable composing horror music? Not necessarily intense music. Just something off-putting or with uncanney valley vibes.
I heard the music you did for White Monday, and it has some music that fits the description.

PurpleMind
Regular
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency

#18 Post by PurpleMind »

Kit wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:56 pm Are you comfortable composing horror music? Not necessarily intense music. Just something off-putting or with uncanney valley vibes.
I heard the music you did for White Monday, and it has some music that fits the description.
Hello! Yes, I can do this without a problem. I've listened to Maria Kurenai's Theme, and writing something like that would not be a problem for me either.

I'm glad White Monday has aspects that are fitting for you. Comparing to Maria Kurenai, It does share similarities! Such as music box and soft synthesizer pad use. Or maybe it's another aspect that you found fitting?

I also have other relevant tracks in my portfolio, which I am not allowed to share publicly yet – feel free to message/PM me wherever is the most convenient for you. You can tell me all about your game there – it seems mysterious and I'm very curious about it.

Kit

#19 Post by Kit »

Marek Domagala is an excellent composer.
He composed a track for my upcoming horror visual novel, which has yet to be announced.
He's very intentive and makes sure to study any references you give forth.
He works extremely fast. I recieved my track within 24 hours of payment.
Quality is top noch! Very impressed with the quality and speed combination.
Overall, I recommend hiring Marek. His 30% off is very generous.

GeeSeki
Regular
Projects: A Town Uncovered
itch: geeseki

#20 Post by GeeSeki »

Marek did an amazing job creating an EDM style loop for a nightclub location in my Visual Novel. Even though I wasn't quite sure how to properly describe what I wanted in musical terms, he knew exactly the tone and feel I wanted.

Highly recommend him for his professionalism, quick but high quality turn arounds, and he does an amazing job walking you through the process to ensure that your satisfaction is top priority!

Will definitely be working with him for future projects.

GeeSeki
Regular
Projects: A Town Uncovered
itch: geeseki

#21 Post by GeeSeki »

Worked with Marek again for a different project involving loopable indie-folk type tracks. He's very experienced and knowledgeable in creating variations of tracks that fit with different areas of the world and really helped encapsulate the feeling we're going for flawlessly.

Communication is top notch and he helps turn his clients' "musical vision" into reality. I highly recommend him for your visual novels and or other game projects.

PurpleMind
Regular

#22 Post by PurpleMind »

I have been so busy with commissions all this time, and only now have some room to breathe and update my portfolio with all the work. Two examples are the music I wrote for Kosmos Connections VN (upbeat, everyday-scenario tracks), and for Project: Burger VN (energetic, upbeat tracks for burger selling scenes). I also wrote music for Cats on a Lilypad Studios' visual novel Heart Agency (rock, electronic, energetic).

I would also like to invite you to check out my brand-new website: www.marekdomagala.com

I don't only work with Ren'Py engine! I recently took part in the Ludum Dare 50 game jam, and with my team, we have made a game in Godot Engine, for which I created all audio and implemented it through FMOD Studio. I have prepared a video showcasing the entire technical and creative process of scoring the game.

PurpleMind
Regular

#23 Post by PurpleMind »

Since my last update, I have worked on:

Indenture (Steam page; NSFW warning)(two short previews) – traditional Japanese-inspired soundtrack with minimal electronic additions

Black Heaven (Steam page)(music and info) – a 3-hour long , lo-fi hip hop-inspired soundtrack, divided into four parts with each being more twisted than the previous one

The Inn Between (Steam page)(music previews) – eclectic soundtrack that mixes fantasy orchestral music with traditional Japanese-inspired music and classic rock songs

Sugar Service (in development)(music previews) – a VN/RPG/card battler hybrid with a lo-fi hip hop soundtrack

Ink-Black Sky: The Void Seeps Through (in development)(preview) – a mystery/horror sci-fi visual novel for the upcoming demo of which I have created close to 40 sound effects. These trigger at particular moments during the gameplay to enhance it, and range from diegetic ones to GUI and short stingers that stress particularly important story events. I have also done the implementation of the sound effects into the game

Non-visual novels:

Roboplant (Steam page)(music and showcase) – economic strategy/farming sim for which I created the entire audio: 11 music tracks, close to 50 sound effects, and have done the FMOD implementation and audio design

Lethal Dose (Steam page)(music and showcase) – twin-stick shooter for which I made multiple sound effects for combat (gunshot sounds, impacts), as well as two music tracks, and I have done the FMOD implementation here as well

Voice of Flowers (main menu with my music) – an upcoming platformer/metroidvania, featuring a 2-hour long soundtrack with a DNA consisting of chiptune, synthwave and orchestral music

I am looking for new projects to work on!

PurpleMind
Regular

Re: Full-time composer & sound designer – Marek Domagała

#24 Post by PurpleMind »

I am looking for new games to do audio for, and currently offering a 20% discount on all my services – valid until Jan. 31st.