Composer & sound designer with 10 years of experience

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

Composer & sound designer with 10 years of experience

#1 Post by PurpleMind »

Hello!

I am a composer and sound designer based in Cracow, Poland. I have been working with game audio for 10 years, and as a full-time job since 2020. Ihave worked on over 20 visual novels. In the years 2018-2020 I have been part of gamemusic.pl/gamemusic.net, the biggest video game music journal in Poland.

Skillset: I create music of various genres: from lo-fi hip hop to orchestral music, solo piano arrangements, and any kind of electronic music. If you're using a different engine than Ren'Py, I am also profficient with FMOD Studio (audio middleware for Unreal Engine, Unity, and Godot). I also create sound effects and do the implementation of the assets via the code.

Website

YouTube

Featured games I have worked on so far:

Project Burger VN (Electronic + Rock soundtrack)

Kosmos Connections VN (Electronic + Rock soundtrack)

Unscripted VN (Electronic/Chiptune/Soundscapes) (Game page)

Black Heaven VN (Lo-fi hip-hop inspired) (Game page)

Indenture VN (Traditional Japanese-inspired) (Game page; NSFW warning)

White Monday VN (Dark electronic)(Game page)

Roboplant (Electronic music + SFX + implementation)(Game page)

Archeo: Shinar (Classical-cartoonish)(Game page)

SynthCity (Synthwave)(Game page)

Kinguin.io – The Evolution of Gaming (Campaign video)

Mobile game PAPAGAI (Game page)

Driftwood VN (Game page)

In production

Lethal Dose (Electronic music + SFX + implementation)

Voice of Flowers (Electronic)

Might of Merchants (Medieval/orchestral soundtrack)

The Glass Coffin (Orchestral soundtrack)

Sugar Service (lo-fi hip hop previews on my website)

The Inn Between (Traditional Japanese-inspired/fantasy-orchestral previews)

Ink-Black Sky: The Void Seeps Through (short SFX preview/showcase)

Fated: Type 6 VN

My rates

My rate is $100 per one minute of music. I provide an unlimited amount of revisions, but I reserve the right to change the amount.

I am also open to negotiating revenue share or any other sources of compensation for my work.

I prefer payment through Wise, but PayPal is fine as long as you are okay with covering the difference due to their high processing fees.

Contact

Mail: hello@marekdomagala.com/marek.domagala95@gmail.com
Discord: marekdomagala
Last edited by PurpleMind on Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:38 am, edited 58 times in total.

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

Re: [Open] Marek Domagała – composer

#2 Post by kisa »

I highly recommend this guy. He did an awesome job on a piece of music I asked him for in incredibly short time.
(sadly I can't link because the actual writing of my project never finished) but his music is something I still listen to whenever I ponder going back to work on it.
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

kittylove94
Regular

Re: Marek Domagała – composer

#3 Post by kittylove94 »

I recommend him! His music pieces are amazing!

PurpleMind
Regular
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency

#4 Post by PurpleMind »

Hello friends! Give it a listen: my take on Ola Strandh's amazing The Division score

The Ward (The Division) (Marek Domagała)

arty
Regular
Completed: White Monday
Projects: HATE is a 4 Letter Word
Organization: KATHARSIS ART
itch: artys-games

#5 Post by arty »

(This was a negative review, but I've decided to withdraw it. After thinking about it for a while I feel that the circumstances that led to the review were for the most part out of Marek's control. And he has been very civil about the whole thing. So I don't want to spoil things for him. Best of luck and sorry.)
Last edited by arty on Tue May 05, 2020 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleMind
Regular

#6 Post by PurpleMind »

In regard to what Arty said above, it was a very difficult time for me, as the events during that period led to me being hospitalised for a week. I would prefer to keep the reasons private. Nonetheless, it is crucial to judge one's ability before they decide to get involved AND/OR communicate delays in a timely fashion. Of course, in regard to White Monday, I take full responsibility for that.

Since then, my health has gotten much better and for a few months now I'm again happily taking and completing commissions.
Last edited by PurpleMind on Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PurpleMind
Regular

#7 Post by PurpleMind »

Hello everybody! Recently I did a study of action-/epic music inspired by the game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden and it's soundtrack. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2OHQz5gNc

Commissions are open. More info through PM/mail: marek.domagala95@gmail.com

PurpleMind
Regular

#8 Post by PurpleMind »

'White Monday' soundtrack is out! Listen here.

White Monday visual novel: itch.io page.

arty
Regular
Completed: White Monday
Projects: HATE is a 4 Letter Word
Organization: KATHARSIS ART
itch: artys-games

Re: Marek Domagała – Composer

#9 Post by arty »

I can definitely recommend this composer, his work is high quality and communication and know-how are excellent. He always responded super fast and checked in every day to show me progress on the tracks he was working on. He also made sure we're on the same page regarding what I want out of the tracks and how they will fit into the game. When I had feedback on a WIP, he took it seriously and was perfectly willing to make changes according to my wishes. The communication itself was over Discord chat, professional but very pleasant and friendly.

I wish him all the best and perhaps we can work together again sometime in the future!

My last comment in this thread was a negative review (which I retracted now), because the first time I worked with Marek things didn't work out for reasons that I later felt weren't his fault. So I approached him again recently, and we agreed to give it another try. He now created a wonderful OST for my game White Monday, and I couldn't be happier about how all this could end on a positive note, after all. :)

OldNoEyes
Projects: Black Heaven
itch: oldnoeyes.itch.io

#10 Post by OldNoEyes »

Highest recommendation for Marek! Not only is he an excellent communicator, a hard and reliable worker, a conscientious team member, and a patient collaborator, he's extremely flexible and skilled when it comes to composition.

My first project, "Black Heaven: A Necromantic Dating Sim," was based on lofi hiphop-inspired tracks, and Marek was able to go above and beyond my expectations. He was very easy to work with, especially for a team leader with little experience in music composition.

Excellent rates, excellent revisions, and amazing turn-around times. Get Marek on your team, and you won't regret it!
You opened the box, he came.

PurpleMind
Regular

#11 Post by PurpleMind »

The ship keeps on sailing.

I'm available for new commissions – why don't you surprise me with what you're working on?

Here's what happened recently:

1.Black Heaven: A Nectromantic Dating Sim Demo is out!

In Black Heaven, you’re a former scholar and one of the last survivors of a plague that’s destroyed the world you used to know.

After nearly succumbing to the disease, your life is saved by a mysterious necromancer named No-Eyes, who offers you the chance to escape death forever and relive your past. All he asks are the souls of your former classmates:

Ru, your shy but brilliant tutor
Lyse, the fiery, sharp-witted debutante
Izagi, the idealistic and stoic martial artist

2. PAPAGAI, an Android 'remember the path' arcade mobile game by the University of Information Technology and Management is out!

3. I started working on Steambound game Unscripted, a visual novel about software development. The Demo is out now!

4. I started working on 3 Wishes, a fantasy-Halloween themed visual novel

5. You're next on the menu. I'll be sending you a demo track. You can't escape! *evil laugh*

PurpleMind
Regular

Re: Full-time experieced composer – Marek Domagała

#12 Post by PurpleMind »

I recently composed a Sci-Fi ambience track for the GameMusicFestival High Score Competition.The job was to write a short demo for a video material presenting a new gaming web browser, Opera GX. I'm very proud of the sound design on this one!

You can learn more about Opera GX here.

The ending days of October also marked the release of Genshin Impact, and in the first days of November I wrote a symphonic track in the style of the game's great soundtrack.

PurpleMind
Regular

Re: Full-time experienced composer – Marek Domagała

#13 Post by PurpleMind »

I. Unscripted is out! Choose your route. Take on your developer dream in Catalina City. Make new friends and enemies. Get your game published.

Get Unscripted on Steam for 10% off here!

The soundtrack from the game will be released in the coming weeks.

II. Recently I got an extraordinary commission to write a vocal-fantasy track for a tabletop RPG session Song of the Mountain. The track's minimalistic fantasy approach reminds me of The Lord of the Rings beautiful music.

Song of the Mountain is a DnD adventure set in the freezingly unforgiving world of Icewind Dale.

Have a listen: Song of the Mountain

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

#14 Post by renkka »

I recently had the pleasure of working with Marek on my psychological thriller visual novel, "The Glass Coffin".

Not only is Marek a highly skilled composer, but also an excellent and valuable member of the team. Marek works closely with you to make your project shine, contributing work and ideas that are delightful and surprising. I constantly found my expectations exceeded.

Marek is resourceful, thoughtful, flexible, and dedicated, with a turnaround time, music quality, and work ethic that is unmatched.

I highly recommend Marek's services to anyone looking for an amazing composer and team member!
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer

PurpleMind
Regular

#15 Post by PurpleMind »

I've just released the soundtrack to Unscripted – check it out: https://youtu.be/t38ipFSu2G8

This is a combination of chiptune, early 2000s electronic soundtrack music (with the sample manipulation and whatnot), with lots of synthesizers and a rare organic instrument.

For Unscripted, I wrote a total of 14 1-minute tracks, most of which can be combined with one another (up to three tracks stacked together) to create more variety. This means the game has more than 90 minutes of original music content.