Musician Offering Free Work

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Doodleshy
Soundcloud: Doodleshy

Musician Offering Free Work

#1 Post by Doodleshy »

Hello there! I'm Doodleshy. As of late, I've been making music as a small personal project, and I'm quite proud of the results. Recently, I remembered this forum and thought "what if I make music for other people?"

So, here I am! A quick rule I gotta lay down before I put some examples. Due to the way I create music, if you include my tracks in your game, neither you nor I can make money off that product. I have the rights to use the samples, and whatever I create is mine under copyright law, but I do not have the license to sell my work or make money off of it in any way. It's hella expensive to get those rights and I'm kinda mega broke. They probably wouldn't sue me, but I'd rather just be safe.

With that out of the way let me explain how I make music in the first place. I use a program called MAGIX Music Maker, which is actually a pretty good DAW. I have several libraries of samples and loops that I tend to cut up and piece together to get the sound I want. I'm kind of limited by what I happen to have in my libraries, but that poses a unique challenge that I kind of like.

Now, allow me to post a few examples. Here is a secret playlist of songs from a theoretical VN, from there you can click my username and explore my Soundcloud to see what I'm all about. There are some older tracks there that I have ceased being proud of, but most of the recent stuff I'm very happy with.

Well, I think that's about it for me. Sorry for the long-winded post, and thank you for your consideration. I look forward to working with you!