(Open) Award Winning Indie Film & VN Composer/Professor

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
MarkKnappJr
Completed: A Daydream Away, Melanie, Once Upon An Earl
Projects: A Dream That Is Not My Reality, The Knight's Dilemma, Aura Ambit, GymBeasts
Organization: Teenage Suburbia Studios
Discord: markknappjr#9545

(Open) Award Winning Indie Film & VN Composer/Professor

#1 Post by MarkKnappJr »

Hi all! My name is Mark Alan Knapp Jr., and I'm a composer/songwriter and college professor from Ohio. I've scored a few VNs in the past, as well as an award winning short film! I'm transitioning to scoring full time, and would love to see if anyone sees a potential match for their current or future projects!

Here is my current demo reel (showing some of the VNs I've done, as well as some indie shorts):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4cw7KVmRqc

And here is a Spotify link to the full OST for one of my VNs (and yes, I can totally put any music I make for you on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc. as well!):
https://open.spotify.com/album/7qEFu0El ... nch=1&nd=1

You can check out more on my website https://www.markalanknappjr.com, and reach out to me there or at my email markknappjr@gmail.com to chat! While I'm primarily looking for paying gigs (doesn't have to be that much at all), I'm open to a free project or two if I really enjoy the concept! Just trying to flesh out my portfolio (you know how it is!) :)

Some info about me:
-I hold a Master's in Composition For Visual Media :shock:
-I've been told some of my scores remind people of Stein's Gate (which was really encouraging!)
-Some of my favorite VNs are Saya no Uta and DDLC+
-Huge Junji Ito fan :twisted:
-Would literally DIE for Konata Izumi

LilSugoishii

Re: (Open) Award Winning Indie Film & VN Composer/Professor

#2 Post by LilSugoishii »

I worked with Mark as a second time indie visual novel developer. I asked him to consider making music for our victorian otome and he happily agreed. Little did I know, I was in for an exciting ride.

Mark was quick and efficient asking for the necessary mood I wanted, setting up equipment and getting to work. The jam we were doing was only 2 months, and Mark kept pushing beautiful soundtracks left and right with no mistake of what we wanted. My inexperience didn't give me a chance to detail exactly how I wanted our music, but Mark knew and delivered over 5+ single soundtracks for each route. Each one was different and fitting for the love interests they were for.

Not only did Mark deliver quickly, he maintained constant communication and talked to us about our game. We were business partners, but his enthusiasm for my game idea was contagious and I just know his music is going to help our game soar.

If you're considering hiring Mark, please don't hesitate. I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity of taking him in for our unpaid project. Work of his calibre is reminiscent to AA company composers and professional music!