Programmer for hire [Closed]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

Programmer for hire [Closed]

#1 Post by Zetsubou »

I have a fair amount of free time at work, so I'd like to use it to help people with their projects.
The amount of time I have will vary, depending on my workload, so if you need something really urgently, you should look for someone else.
Since I'm doing it at work, I won't be working on projects (other than my own) on weekends.

Type of project

I'm not picky. Genre, game type (VN, KN, RPG, etc.) and the like don't matter.
I'm also open to working on things like web pages instead.
However, I'd rather not work on something that's only just started, unless it's quite short.
Put simply, I don't want to work on something that's just going to collect virtual dust forever.

What will/won't I do?

I am not looking for anything involving:
-scripting dialogue (this is something you can do; you don't need a programmer)
-anything intensive or largely unnecessary (eg. a battle engine; not only does one exist, but making one is a lot of work)
-platform-specific tools (I run Linux at home and work, so no RPG Maker and such)

I'd prefer something that I can write without needing to open the game constantly, since I'll be doing it at work.
However, I'm still fine with making GUIs and the like. In fact, I'm getting pretty good with the screen language.
Just make sure you provide all of the assets necessary; I'm only offering to code for your game, not draw, make music, etc.

What you need to have

A fair amount of progress, unless the game is short.
A good, clear understanding of what it is you want. If you don't know or they're likely to change, it's too soon to be asking.
You don't need to be able to throw tech jargon at me or know anything about programming. As long as you have a clear idea of what you're after, I should be able to tell you how feasible it is, whether I'm interested, etc.
You should also have any assets necessary. eg. Images for a GUI you want me to code.

Other

I plan to do this for free. Especially if it's a short and/or free project, and the work isn't difficult.
However, if you want a lot done, need it quickly, or are after something sufficiently difficult/time-consuming, then I'm open to either paid work or asset trading (eg. music or art).

If you have any questions, please post them here.
If you'd like for me to help with your project, either post here or PM me.
If we wind up working together, I'm open to other forms of communication (as long as it's text, not video or audio).
Last edited by Zetsubou on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Programmer for hire [Free, paid, trade]

#2 Post by Zetsubou »

Last updated: 7th May 2015 (GMT +10)

Below I'll try to keep a list of things I'm working on and what stage they're at.
If there are a bunch of unfinished projects in the list, you can still ask, but you might have to wait.

Worked/Working on:

-GUI coding and sprite automation for Magical Warrior Diamond Heart Finished
-GUI coding for The Vintage Finished, maybe more to come
-GUI coding for Pocket HetaNEXT Academy Pretty much done
-Tactical battle simulation and mapping for Partisans: 1st Offensive Pretty much done... maybe?
-GUI coding for Our Final Moments - Finished
-GUI coding for XOXO Academy - Finished
-Work on Starlight 0 and 1 - Unstarted; waiting on assets
-Misc coding for No One But You - Done some GUI coding, playing with 3D camera, misc coding...
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

lonelyotomeplayer
Tumblr: lonelyotomeplayer

#3 Post by lonelyotomeplayer »

Hello
Are you able to do Ren'py coding?

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Zetsubou »

Hi lonelyotomeplayer,

potentially, but it will depend on the work.
I'm not available for free programming at the moment. I'll be occupied for at least the next few months, so only paid and trade in the foreseeable future.
Finished games

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

SM_Team

#5 Post by SM_Team »

Hi.

Are you avaliable ? If so, take a look at our project and let me know if you're interested.

Here is the post of our recruitment:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=39624

Thanks.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Zetsubou »

Sounds fun, but I'm too busy with writing commissions right now to take on any programming work.
I'll mark this thread as closed.
Finished games

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2