[OPEN for Commission] Programmer for Hire!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Programmer for Hire!

#16 Post by Googaboga »

I asked DragoonHP to help come up with a way to make some DLC work on Steam. He suggested an extremely easy way to get what I was already using to fit with the Steam process and didn't even charge me for the advice. I really appreciate it and will definitely come back if I'm ever stuck on another programming issue :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Quester
Completed: Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic, Emily Archer and the Curse of Tutankhamen, The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, 1912 Titanic Mystery
Projects: Sorority Sister Sleuths, TimeSlip, The Siren of Seattle, Adventure: Antarctica!
Organization: Quester Entertainment

#17 Post by Quester »

Have you ever built a maze puzzle using Ren'Py? I'm looking to include a Robot in the Maze puzzle in my upcoming VN and would be interested in hiring someone to build it for our team.

Quester
Completed: Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic, Emily Archer and the Curse of Tutankhamen, The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, 1912 Titanic Mystery
Projects: Sorority Sister Sleuths, TimeSlip, The Siren of Seattle, Adventure: Antarctica!
Organization: Quester Entertainment

#18 Post by Quester »

Highly recommend DragoonHP! He created a Maze Puzzle for our upcoming VN, Sorority Sister Sleuths: London Calling. He works fast and always has the best interests of the project in mind. Very affordable rates, too!

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

#19 Post by caterwaulings »

Just had my first hour long lesson with DragoonHP. We used Skype voice chat with screen share so that he could see what I was doing. He was very helpful and gave me homework that I am looking forward to completing. I am hoping to continue to learn from DragoonHP as I develop my programming skills.
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here

Feinerine
Regular
Projects: Caladria Chronicles, Caladria Adventurers: Girls Side, Caladria Robotics
Organization: Starlight Visual
Deviantart: feinerine
Discord: Feinerine#2340

#20 Post by Feinerine »

Hi, I wanted to ask some questions about programming in a visual novel, since I plan on making one soon and I'm getting everything sorted. Do you mind sending me a PM?

thebrokenhorn
Projects: The Crown of Leaves
Tumblr: lingrimmart
itch: thebrokenhorn

#21 Post by thebrokenhorn »

Highly recommend this guy. He is a pro. Also, he is cool.

johandark
Veteran
Completed: Wild Guards, In Dreams
Projects: Pact with a witch
Deviantart: johandarkweb

#22 Post by johandark »

Highly recommend DragoonHP.

He made everything I had in my mind for the game, and I had been working with him for 2 months and he was kind and trying to improve my game with suggestions and ideas.

I still have a "sex-battle-weird-system" in my head, but he did the possible to help me... since I don´t have time right now, I will call him another month, but surely I will try to contact him whenever I have the chance.

Very affordable rates!

Eirrir
Regular
Projects: Operation: Future Domination
Tumblr: Eirrir
itch: eirrir

#23 Post by Eirrir »

DragoonHP has my highest recommendation. He is frequently reachable and works very fast. It did not take me long to be in awe of his programming skills. There is no doubt that he is a pro. He was also kind and patient enough to answer all my questions (I had a lot) and to make sure I knew how the code worked with clear instructions. With some of the advice he's given, I could tell that he had the best interests of my game in mind. If anyone is in need of programming help, DragoonHP should be at the top of the list to consider!
Current VN Project:
Game Development Blog

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#24 Post by noeinan »

Just hired DragoonHP to complete an encyclopedia for my game, after I ran into a wall with bugs in a free code I was using. He was very considerate in listening to what I needed, and knew the right questions to ask so that I didn't accidentally miss anything, as well as helping me figure out which features were needed for my game vs which would be unnecessarily complex. (And thus cost more to program.)

He provides updates to the code in an early stage so that if there is anything that needs fixing it can be done right away without a ton of hardship/reworking. In addition, his code is very clearly written, with common-sense variable names and great organizational structure, making it very easy to pull out exactly what I need to work with the rest of my code. DragoonHP is very friendly and accommodating, and was willing to make a small change which I had overlooked in earlier conversations. (After I had already okayed the code and completed the payment.)

I would highly recommend DragoonHP to anyone looking to hire a programmer, especially if, like me, it is your first time on this side of the freelancer transaction. His prices are very reasonable, both his coding and his customer service skills are top notch, and he works very fast, completing my code a week earlier than anticipated. Thank you for the great code, DragoonHP!

IntoTheHoop
Projects: Into The Hoop Visual Novel / Dating Sim

#25 Post by IntoTheHoop »

DragoonHP has been invaluable throughout the process of us scoping out our project. His ability to understand your requirement is excellent, and he will provide his own feedback and advice base on his vast experience working with software programming. As the others mentioned, he will make you understand the codes and logic for your own benefit, and lends a helping hand along the way.

He works fast, is easily reachable, and fixes bugs quickly and effectively. If you are considering options for your project, I would highly recommend DragoonHP. Nothing is too much trouble, and we'll be using his services again for our next stage of development very soon.

Highly recommended!
We're making our Visual Novel, Into The Hoop! Check out our Twitter channel!

FrostWorks

#26 Post by FrostWorks »

DragoonHP was a huge help in implementing several of the key elements in my project, able to deliver them exactly as I had outlined them in the briefing, despite the varying complexity in some of the systems. He clearly has a large amount of experience in a range of different programming languages beyond just Ren'Py and is the real deal if you're looking for someone to program for you.

Would recommend~

twixx

#27 Post by twixx »

Here to give my review after working together for about a month.
DragoonHP helped me by rebuilding a fairly complex (in my opinion) minigame after the original coder left a broken, buggy mess.
He even postponed a meeting to help me meet a deadline. He's quick to respond and flexible.

I've worked with a few programmers in the past 6 months, but DragoonHP was the most skilled by far. He fixed bugs in a short time where others simply gave up.

Highly recommended.

DesertFox
Regular
Completed: Over The Hills And Far Away
Projects: My Little Dictator
Organization: WarGirl Games

#28 Post by DesertFox »

DragoonHP has been one of the most professional coders I've worked with so far, and the work produced was great. Very helpful, always happy to discuss things thoroughly and test through ideas. My project has suffered numerous hiccups with programmers in the past, but DragoonHP was professional, timely and produced great work on time and to deadline. I would highly recommend working with him.

MD_Renpy

#29 Post by MD_Renpy »

I've been working with DragoonHP for the last couple of weeks and I couldn't be happier. He's an excellent coder, very professional and responds to every question you have. I'll be definitely hiring him again in the future. Keep up the good work :)

Highly recommended!

igk1472

#30 Post by igk1472 »

I worked with him as well!
I was bit worried at first, but he was super patient with me and worked on a project very quickly B)