Novice programmer [Free] for your noncommercial game

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Scribbs

Novice programmer [Free] for your noncommercial game

#1 Post by Scribbs »

Hi, all. I'm a newbie programmer interested in learning Ren'py, somewhat familiar with Unity. I haven't yet coded any games to speak of, but I'm offering my services here in exchange for experience and having something to show in my portfolio. My schedule is such that I have quite a bit of free time for the next few weeks at least. I'll keep the thread running for as long as I'm not too busy.

I'm willing to work for free on projects that are
  • Noncommercial - will be available for free, not funded through patreon, not being kickstarted or otherwise crowd-funded.
  • short-term - writing and assets complete or near complete. Priority will be given to projects with complete scripts and assets. If you want to try me out for a portion of the script at first, that's fine.
  • not infringing on any existing IP (i.e. no fangames unless given explicit permission by the rights holders)
Preferences:
  • Project has (or will have) a topic in the WIP forum. It would be nice to be able to share snapshots of the dev process.
  • Wordcount is within 6k. (I may adjust up or down depending on my availability) If I take on larger projects, I would probably push a build per 6k~ words or so, to be able to get feedback/bug reports and make corrections.
  • A game design document. For a straightforward VN/CYOA, a story outline would suffice. For mechanics other than dialogue choices, please describe them.
I'm not interested in creating or searching for assets of any kind.

Regarding content,
Not requirements, but I would be most interested in games that include:
GxG, BxB, major characters who happen to be nonbinary or trans, major characters that are persons of color (especially dark-skinned poc), healthy polyamory, characters older than high school/college age.

I'm Ok with:
Furry, some monsters/supernatural/alien/fantasy creatures, explicit/implied sex, some fetishes.

Not willing to work with descriptions or depictions of:
Gore/Extreme violence, rape/non-con/dub-con, Loli/Shota/underage, hate speech or acts.

If you're interested, PM me or post here with a description of your project. I'd like to know
  • What it's about (what kind of possible pairings, if any? themes? content warnings?).
  • The scope of the project, (total word count or estimation).
  • Current level of completion with regard to writing and assets. If incomplete, how long til completion?
Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Scribbs on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scribbs

Re: Novice programmer [Free] for your noncommercial game

#2 Post by Scribbs »

Nothing too flashy, but examples nonetheless. About a year ago I teamed up with some folks for a game jam (though at the time I didn't contribute any coding). It was suggested that I could put the game together again so that I have something to show, so here it is done in Ren'py.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6zbtamwyp9ec ... qx-7a?dl=0

The VN was originally made in TyranoBuilder and is available here: https://sailorscooby.itch.io/sweet-streets-one
Enter the world of Sweet Streets!

You play as Cinnabun Roll, an aspiring master baker who has just moved to the Big Easy, New Orleans, with hopes of baking for Mardi Gras! Not everything goes according to plan when she finds out sugar...has been banned?!

With the help of some attractive strangers, Cinnabun may just find her place in the world...and maybe someone to love, too.

Max Canelé, resident jax-of-all-trades. This nonbinary beauty finds Cinnabun fresh off the plane, and helps her find her way around.

Adelaide Povitica, the wealthy lawyer's daughter. Gorgeous and serious, but her windchime laughter can melt hearts.

Tom Canelé, the baker. Max's older brother, this aro-ace master can see Cinnabun's talent, but she has a lot to prove before he'll take her under his wing.