QuinnSea's GUI Commissions [Open]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
quinnsea
Regular
Completed: Birch Sapling
Projects: Aspen, Baleen
Organization: Koimarina Games
IRC Nick: quinnsea
Tumblr: bonnievoyage
Soundcloud: nishiikigoi
itch: koimarina

QuinnSea's GUI Commissions [Open]

#1 Post by quinnsea »

Hello, my name is Quinn! I’m currently an art student working to get my certificate in visual communications at the Kansas City Art Institute. I’ve been doing art for as long as I can remember, but I’ve only been in graphic design for about 2 years.

Most of my work was casual web design for myself, and I’m only recently getting into visual novel GUIs. I hope to use this as an opportunity to build my portfolio! Right now it’s… pretty small, but what I have should at least give you an idea of what I can do.

Admittedly, my process when it comes to graphic design can vary quite a bit. Sometimes, I sketch out an idea of what I want and then try to create it on Photoshop. Other times, I just play on Photoshop and happen to find something that works. But I will try to keep contact with you throughout the process, and you can just tell me if you like it or not!

As such, unless I am given a deadline it’s going to be hard for me to get things done.

Here are a couple of examples of my from sketch to digital work:

If you already have rough sketches of what you’re looking for, I’ll do my best to work with them!

In terms of GUI, I’m only really offering a basic bundle of assets including the textbox, save/load screen, main menu, choices, exit menu, indicators (skip, auto, etc), and history screen for $150 USD. In order to make any screens for you, I’ll provide a rough sketch of my concept before creating it digitally.

If you don’t want to purchase all of the pieces at once, I have prices for everything individually.

Textbox - $15 USD (includes quick menu and portrait border!)
Save/Load Screen - $25 USD
Title Screen - $20 USD
Choices - $10 USD
Settings - $30 USD
Yes/No Screen - $10 USD
History - $20 USD
Indicators - $10 USD (click to continue, skip, auto, etc)
Gallery Screen(s) - $15 USD (+$15 USD if a character selection screen is needed)
Calendar - $15 USD
Other Screens - $10-30 USD depending on complexity

I’m willing to offer some assets for use in HTML, too! (These will be made with the presumption you need them for Lemmasoft posts or Kickstarter campaigns talking about your game.)
Titles and Dividers - $10 USD (can be asked for separately, at the price of $1 USD each)
Character/Profile Cards - $15 USD (.psd template provided)

• My GUI design will include extremely limited amounts of programming. I can code image maps, image buttons, quick menus, and text boxes to a minimal degree but don’t expect anything fancy. Just let me know if you don’t want this included in my finished product.
  • If for any reason you plan on using an engine that isn't Ren'Py, please let me know. I can properly anchor my assets in a Unity project for you if you'd like, (along with some very basic C#) but if you plan on using Fungus it will take me a bit of time.
  • My HTML assets can include programming and formatting, if you’d like.
  • You can pay me through PayPal. Half at the beginning, half when it’s finished if asking for the GUI bundle. Otherwise, I will only take your payment at the end.
  • Everything will be provided as a .PSD, .RAR, or .PNG depending on what the project is or what you’d like for me to give you.
  • Unfortunately, I’m not accepting commissions to design logos. I’m sorry, I’m just really bad at making logos and I don’t want to sell you a bad product.
  • I’d like a description of the aesthetic you want me to shoot for as well as some info about your project. Story, characters, setting, mood, you know.
  • Talk to me if you'd like some aspects of your GUI animated. It will cost a bit extra, but as long as they're simple I can probably figure something out. (For example, in my choices when a choice is hovered over the arrow also moves across the box in a loop.)
  • I’m not designing for any work that promotes pedophilia, incest, transphobia, or racism.
Thank you very much for considering me for your project!

[center](Most sprites are done by @screamsintts on Twitter while a couple are done by me! Background art is done by @witchpastel.)[/center]
Last edited by quinnsea on Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage

quinn / 26 / qa analyst, game design hobbyist
icon by church

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Re: Graphic designer available for paid/unpaid work!

#2 Post by Scribbles »

you might want to do a VN mock up, it's a bit hard to tell what you did with those graphics you've provided. (at least for someone unfamiliar with tumblr bits) Something simple like, a main menu, and a save screen or text box could help you get some work! :) good luck!
Image - Image -Image

quinnsea
Regular
Completed: Birch Sapling
Projects: Aspen, Baleen
Organization: Koimarina Games
IRC Nick: quinnsea
Tumblr: bonnievoyage
Soundcloud: nishiikigoi
itch: koimarina

Re: Graphic designer available for paid/unpaid work!

#3 Post by quinnsea »

Scribbles wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:51 pm you might want to do a VN mock up, it's a bit hard to tell what you did with those graphics you've provided. (at least for someone unfamiliar with tumblr bits) Something simple like, a main menu, and a save screen or text box could help you get some work! :) good luck!
Yeah, you're right. My portfolio was just pretty weak when I first made this post? So I updated it with better examples now that I'm getting some work done! Thanks so much!
ImageImage

quinn / 26 / qa analyst, game design hobbyist
icon by church