Computer Scientist + Programmer for Hire (Ren'Py | Python | Java | C++) (+editing/proofreading)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
computistxyz
Regular
Github: sjgriffiths

Computer Scientist + Programmer for Hire (Ren'Py | Python | Java | C++) (+editing/proofreading)

#1 Post by computistxyz »

~~~ Overview ~~~
Hi! My name's Sam and I'm offering my programming skills as on a freelance basis. I'm a postgraduate of computing science at the University of East Anglia (possessing a First-Class BSc (Hons)) and would class my speciality thus far as C++, Java and Python.

With regards to the latter, I also have a number of years experience working with Ren'Py to a high level. As being the programmer of Acquittal: Induction may demonstrate, I can work on Ren'Py projects both simple and relatively advanced, with mainstays such as inventory systems, complicated nonlinear gameplay structures and graphical programming, from coding simple GUIs to dynamic VFX and animation.

For non-Ren'Py projects, I have particular experience in C++ and OpenGL programming, but Java and Python/Pygame are also amongst my strengths, as are the GMS/2 and Godot engines. I can also offer more general software engineering services/advice, such as general code refactoring and version control systems (e.g. Git(Hub)). In my spare time I host a technical compsci/programming blog, which may also serve to demonstrate my education (www.computist.xyz). Due to time constraints, I would generally prefer to work on relatively straightforward standalone projects; however, if in doubt, please do ask! All things will be duly considered :D

In addition, I will gladly offer proofreading and editing services, too -- I would consider myself a strong technical writer with an attentive grasp of language and grammar (see my other thread). One of the examples in that thread is an excerpt from a forum spam project.

~~~ Rates ~~~
Programming: £15-25 an hour (GBP)
Projects are most likely to be quoted on a case-by-case basis due to relative complexity, but that's the general ballpark as far as a highly-flexible hourly rate goes.

Proofreading: £0.02 per word
Editing: £0.03 per word

Payments by PayPal are preferred; quotes do not include transaction fees.

To contact me, either PM me or email at sjgriffiths24 (at) hotmail (dot) co.uk

Cheers!
~ Sam ~
Last edited by computistxyz on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

computistxyz
Regular
Github: sjgriffiths

Re: Programmer for Hire (Ren'Py | Python | Java | C++) (+editing/proofreading)

#2 Post by computistxyz »

OP updated with my computing science + programming technical blog, which can be found at: https://www.computist.xyz.

My most recent post at the time of this update is a feature on the use-cases of the sparse set data structure and an implementation in C++: https://www.computist.xyz/2018/06/sparse-sets.html.
computer scientist | programmer | game developer | writer | editor/proofreader

Check out my technical blog, computist.xyz