Programmer looking for Hire [paid]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Bartulisica
Regular
Organization: ArizonaIdentities
Discord: ArizonaIdentities

Programmer looking for Hire [paid]

#1 Post by Bartulisica »

Hello, my name is ArizonaIdentities.

I'm a Renpy programmer with 5 years of experience. I'm looking for paid work. Price, of course, can be negotiated depending on your budget and stuff that needs to be done.
I worked on Summertime Saga, Panzer Hearts, Caffeine and many more projects.

What I can do:
¤ Basic coding
¤ Simple Minigames
¤ Custom GUI
¤ Monetary and Inventory Systems
¤ Shops
¤ Traversable maps
¤ Location based events
¤ Simple Animations

I can also advise you with various game designs and visual designs, as well as ambient, directing and the "feel" of the game or specific scenes.
I have both visual design and film directing backgrounds (School of fine Arts and Art Academy, under the department of Film and Video).
... and, most importantly, I'm comfortable with any fetishes or other taboos :D (Not that I like it, but hey, it's just a programming job).

What I wont do:
¤ Posing
¤ Write any additional dialogue you may need (Like, "Hey, you can write anything you want there, it doesn't really matter")
¤ Do any image editing (No matter how simple)

Reply or PM me if you are interested, and I'm sure we can work something out. (PMs usually work better since I get notified, and you don't have to wait for me to notice a reply)

- ArizonaIdentities (bartulisica)
Last edited by Bartulisica on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
- ArizonaIdentities

Helyees
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts

Re: Programmer looking for Hire [paid/free]

#2 Post by Helyees »

Bartulisica help us with our upcoming Visual Novel Panzer Hearts. He was very efficient and even showed me how he solved the cases we had provided. Really easy to communicate with. I can recommend him to anyone looking for a fast, reliable and affordable renpy programming.

Dream3r

#3 Post by Dream3r »

I commisioned Bartulisica to help me with setting up the UI in my current project The Turning. Not only did he help me get that solved but he also cleaned up a bit of my horribly written code and then explained to me how to work with his better system! :lol: (He turned like 800 lines into around 100 and it'll likely end up saving me time down the road)

Bartulisica was a lot of help and I'll be commissioning him for future work whenever I need it n_n

EDIT: Wanted to go ahead and share the UI Bartulisica helped me with now that I've had some time to tweak it...

DeathSummoner
Regular
Organization: PekoPeko
Deviantart: pekopeko7

#4 Post by DeathSummoner »

i will be really honest with you since you are an experienced programmer. I am planning on making a (nsfw) visual novel called "College Life" Me and one of my friend is working on it. I am the director, script writer and also arts and character designer and my friend is in charge or musics and also story planner. One thing we now need is a programmer. I wanted to learn programming but then i realized its not a cup of coffee for me.Important the game making may continue for long time cuz we will be making alpha versions and releasing them on crowd funding websites to gather funds for the project. Most importantly we are working on zero money asset but we are hoping to gain popularity and fundings when we release the alpha versions on petreon. So if you are interested then please reply here and email me here : mahmudrezaakash70181@gmail.com
i will write you detail about the story and the art works to show you that your hard work will be well used.
Thanks for reading.

Bartulisica
Regular

#5 Post by Bartulisica »

Free for work again!
- ArizonaIdentities

gusk

#6 Post by gusk »

First of I'm sorry for my english. To give some context, our team just get abandoned by our previous coder and any codes is left halfway done. So me being unable to code tried to ask some people to help me continuing this project and that's when Bartulisica decides to help me. I'll give you a list to show how awesome he is not only as a person to work with but as a human being in general.

- He works fast ! Obviously I can't estimate how much time an average coder need to finished up our project but compared to our previous coder that takes around 1,5 months just to left the coding halfway done, Bartulisica only need 1 week and most of his work isn't continuing our previous coder work but overwriting it. I'll explain it further in the points below this.

- Our previous placeholder GUI didn't match with the rest of our art style and it makes the game look amateurish, with addition of the codes that is left halfway. So what Bartulisica decides to do ? He ask his friend (vajsko430, another awesome person and creator of : https://takujin.itch.io/wheel-of-fortune) to create an original GUI for our game. I'm not joking here, he ask another person to also help me finishing this project and make it way much better looking.

- Other than continuing our project and fixing bugs that's left inside the game, he also add some features that allow me to explain some part of the setting and hide some clues to foreshadow what actually need to be done.

- Oh personally this one is what I think the best point of him, he teach me some part of the coding so I wouldn't need anyone help anytime soon.

All in all I believe he's a great person to work with, trust me on this one because while I'm still a newbie in VN game industry I'm quite experienced in working with a lot of people (Photography, article writing, script writing, directing short indie movie, etc) and I can assure you Bartulisica is a person you wanted to have / keep in your team.

LiveTurkey
Regular

#7 Post by LiveTurkey »

Do you have a discord where I can reach you?

Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

#8 Post by Gabmag »

Bartulisic helped us with our custom GUI & additional screens programming! He was super fast, friendly, and listened to my requests as well. I definitely recommend him for any programming jobs you have!
Thanks again for all of your help! :)
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.

Dream3r

Re: Programmer looking for Hire [paid]

#9 Post by Dream3r »

Great programmer, helped me a lot over the last year. Would definitely recommend!

KairuKyun
Veteran
Completed: No One But You, Catch Canvas, Sickness, Written in the Sky, Wander no more, Warped Reality
Projects: Warped Reality
Organization: Unwonted Studios
IRC Nick: Kairu_kyun
Tumblr: karamuchan

#10 Post by KairuKyun »

I'm interested in hiring you for my game Warped reality
Kyle Tyner
Creator of Unwonted Studios
ktyner@unwontedstudios.co
Visit Our Website
Projects: No One But You, Sickness, Written in the Sky, Wander no more, Catch Canvas, Warped Reality

Bartulisica
Regular

#11 Post by Bartulisica »

Open for business again!
- ArizonaIdentities

RaikonKitsune
Regular
Projects: Reimei no Gakuen
Tumblr: raikonkitsune
Deviantart: RaikonKitsune
itch: Raikon Kitsune

#12 Post by RaikonKitsune »

I have started working together with Bartulisica not long ago and it was a great decision. Really good programmer, fast, flexible and helpful. Not only have the problems been fixed on the GUI of my game but I have learnt some important things too.
Looking forward to continue working together!
Ongoing Project:

Bartulisica
Regular

#13 Post by Bartulisica »

Open for work again!
- ArizonaIdentities

raynetempura

#14 Post by raynetempura »

I hired Bartulisica to code my custom GUI and extra screens, and I am so pleased with the outcome. He worked really quickly, communicated openly and timely, and was so friendly and patient with me (I'm new to Ren'py). He answered all of my questions, was quick about making changes and tweaks, and was just great to work with. I definitely recommend hiring him, and I know I will again for my future projects!

bobyregistered
Tumblr: Mme/Mlle

#15 Post by bobyregistered »

He is a cool dude, helped me for free and without him, I wouldn't have been able to solve a problem that not others devs seemed to get. Positive attitude and outlook on things, I would recommend hiring him if you are looking for a strong coder with a nice attitude.