[Open again!] Friendly and fast programmer for hire!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Lezalith
Regular

[Open again!] Friendly and fast programmer for hire!

#1 Post by Lezalith »

Hello everyone, welcome to my thread!

My name is Jan, but I like to go by the name Lezalith. I'm 24 years old and I've got about 8 years of Ren'Py experience under my belt.
You may know me from the official Ren'Py Discord Server where I'm one of the Moderators, or you may have encountered my website, LezCave.com, where I write Ren'Py tutorials - mostly ones focused on the very basics. My website does an excellent job of showcasing my skills, and I've worked on multiple projects - I'll be sure to list some of them below.

With the introduction out of the way, I am here because I wish to help other creators with their games! Coding's not for everyone, and that's okay. Someone's a great artist, someone's a great composer, and someone's a great programmer - like myself! I know my Ren'Py code. It's clean, it's efficient, and it's excessively commented in case someone picks up the code afterwards. I charge affordable rates and am open to work in exchange for assets - although be warned, I am very picky!

What can I help you with?
  • Script narration - putting dialogue together with transitions, images and music.
  • Basic GUI coding (Main Menu, Save/Load, Settings, Textbox and Navigation)
  • Advanced GUI coding (Gallery, History, Music Room, ...).
  • Custom GUI coding (Inventories, Maps, ...).
  • Engines (Advanced Inventories, Stats, Battles...).
  • Minigames - Do keep in mind that Ren'Py can do a lot, but it's no Unreal Engine!
  • Scripts (Name Input, Discord Integrations) - Price is miniscule for scripts I already have!
  • Possibly much more!
When it comes to the price, it really depends on the complexity of what you need done. Basic GUI is very cheap, since I've done it many times and I could code it in my sleep. Custom screens can go either way - menu with a couple of buttons is easy, screens like Gallery or Music Room are harder. On the expensive end are minigames or engines - they can get very pricy based on the features you desire.
Because of this, I do not have fixed rates and determine them on a per-commission basis. If you're thinking about commissioning me, shoot me a message and I'm sure we can figure something out.

How do I work?
  • You contact me, say what you need done, provide as many details as possible.
  • I will give you a quote, and we will settle on a price.
  • You will pay* the first half of the agreed price, and provide the necessary assets, if any.
  • I will get busy as a bee and craft what you've requested.
  • I will provide you with screenshots, videos and/or screenshare of the finished work.
  • If you're happy with the results, you pay* second half of the agreed price. If not, we'll discuss what to change.
  • I will send you all the files, along with any instructions to use it, if there are any.
*All payment is done via Paypal.

Some of the projects I've worked on: How can you contact me?
  • Send me a message on Discord, at Lezalith (LezCave.com)#2853. This is, without a single doubt, the most reliable way how to get to me.
  • Send me a private message here, on Lemma Soft Forums.
  • Send me an email at Lezalith@gmail.com
Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to working with you!
Last edited by Lezalith on Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:14 am, edited 11 times in total.

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: Friendly, fast and cheap programmer for hire!

#2 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Lezalith is awesome! I am working with him in a couple of games together and I can guarantee that this guy will stop at nothing to learn what you require him to and will keep in touch as well. Big thumbs up!
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

HighlightKing

#3 Post by HighlightKing »

Lez is on point!
Friendly, works fast, responds quickly to every email, but most importantly, he aims to deliver what you asked him to. We had 10+ emails in a back and forth on a subject, just to make sure that we are on the same page, which I greatly appreciate!

0 complaints here, would recommend him without question.

Esh
Regular
Projects: Changeling
Tumblr: steamberrystudio

#4 Post by Esh »

We hired Lezalith to work on a mobile phone function in our game (not a full messaging system – just a visual representation of a phone that would display text message conversations between characters.)

He delivered it in record time and maintained communication throughout the project (something not everyone does, but is very appreciated!)

He was, basically, super fun to work with.

He works very fast and is very quick to respond to messages and questions. Not only did he explain precisely how his code functioned – including sending a document with a full explanation – but he also explained a few other code related things to me out of politeness, something I found very nice of him.

His pricing is also very reasonable, which is a life saver when you're on a tight budget. Would very much recommend working with him.

Smeer

Re: [Open again!] Friendly, fast and cheap programmer for hire!

#5 Post by Smeer »

I wouldn't hesitate to call Lezalith a good friend of mine. He's incredibly friendly, sharp, and good at what he does. He's helped me out quite a bit- not just doing the work for me, but explaining exactly how and why it functions. Absolutely recommended to anyone who needs work done.

Lezalith
Regular

Re: [Open again!] Friendly and fast programmer for hire!

#6 Post by Lezalith »

After a long time, I am once again open for business! I am looking forward to helping you with your projects!

Lezalith
Regular

#7 Post by Lezalith »

Okay, time to take some commissions again!

Lia_de_Sá99

#8 Post by Lia_de_Sá99 »

Hi, Lezalith. My current artist is making the UI of my vn and I'll need a programmer in the future to program it into renpy. Is it hard to custom a UI with already existing assets? My UI is full of buttons and seems complex.