Amateur Programmer/writer looking to join a circle

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
9-Chan
Projects: Working on a Yuri VN, need an Artist and Co-programmer

Amateur Programmer/writer looking to join a circle

#1 Post by 9-Chan »

I'm a programmer with 2 years experience (Java and C#). I just started learning about Ren'Py and realised that I can't make a game alone. If there's anyone willing to take in a newbie programmer to show me the ropes of game creation or needs a decent writer to check/write a script, please consider me!

Skills:
Programmer, 2 years experience, capable of long sessions, can work for free.
Writer, a finished novel (~40k words), not yet published, can work for free.
"You can try something new or you can do nothing. Either way something will probably crash or a computer will spontaneously combust." - 9-Chan 2017

WriterWriter

Re: Amateur Programmer/writer looking to join a circle

#2 Post by WriterWriter »

Hello I have a couple quick questions.

So far, how familiar are you with python and renpy at this moment? What have you been able to implement?

Are you willing to take a quick task of implementing a custom GUI into a VN? Do you think that you would be able to accomplish that?

9-Chan
Projects: Working on a Yuri VN, need an Artist and Co-programmer

Re: Amateur Programmer/writer looking to join a circle

#3 Post by 9-Chan »

I'm somewhat familiar, being able to do some basic functions. Advanced GUI implementation is my major weakness currently but I'll learn to make it work!

Further note to anyone else, I got work with an artist so I'm gonna temporarily close this.
"You can try something new or you can do nothing. Either way something will probably crash or a computer will spontaneously combust." - 9-Chan 2017