[Paid] [0pen] Creative Director/ Illustrator / Editor / Gametester / Advisor looking to expand portfolio

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

[Paid] [0pen] Creative Director/ Illustrator / Editor / Gametester / Advisor looking to expand portfolio

#1 Post by catgame21234 »

Hello, my name is Bailey Cowell, a professional illustrator who is wanting to provide my professional talents to you.

I have been the creative director for two primary projects in my past; Awesomenauts Pro League – a professional tournament where I was ahead of the creative department, then soon full ownership over the organization while the owner was on medical leave.

GrandSchemeGames – a short endeavor when I was brought onto the team and I had my hand in animation, directing character creation, and as the creative director. The project disbanded but I kept in contact with many of my coworkers

I've used this website before back in my uni years where I would playtest others videogames –
you can view my past game tester/proofreader thread here – and I decided to come back here :)

You can check out my portfolio here for my illustrations: https://catgame21234.wixsite.com/baileycowell

You can follow me on twitter here: https://twitter.com/Catti21234/

To get ahold of me here is my email; catgame21234@gmail.com

To get ahold of me FASTER, you may find me on discord. I have a client-server just to make it easier to join and find me– https://discord.gg/JxU34AV

Discord username: catti#7142

Paid projects are preferred. Free projects really need to impress me and be for a "good cause". I'll let you interpret what that "cause" is and I hope you can translate that "cause" to me :) Fan projects do not exclude you just for reference, just show me the true passion, comitment, quality behind your project then.

I am open to editing your existing writing for you, and I am open to being your character illustrator too. Just contact me!

We can negotiate prices based off of your budget.

Now then, time for a little spewll of what I can bring to your team. :D

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

What I look in when I am viewing a videogame I study more than just what is in front of myself. I see how one individual element interacts with another, and try to understand why that was placed there. When I playtested games in the past on this website I fiddled around with every single option to ensure what was "working" did work and leaving no stone unturned. I am critical with every new element that my team presents to me and the rest of the project and focuses on both the negatives and positives that new element provides to the project as a whole. Embarrassingly, I've been told that I "practically burst at the seams with motivation" when I am invested in a project, and though I have no mirror to see exactly what I do, I know I go out of my way to make sure that everyone is up to speed and "feeling good" to ensure good work morale. However, just because I try to make everyone feel good does not mean I am not afraid to provide just criticism. As a creative director, I go out of my way to reach out to other departments to see how we can communicate the same ideas to one another, for I know that all of us speak different languages when it comes to our expertise. And lastly just a passing note, I do take in time and care to worry about disabled individuals in projects I partake in. I always try to make my work as accessible to as many individuals as I can, which I frequently find out makes things more fun – readable – and overall more enjoyable for even the able-bodied consumers.

Due to my academia, I am well educated in; art fundamentals, scheduling, office apps, and public speaking. I have experience in professional production with my time at a paint company called Rustoleum where I worked on it's media and advertisements – so I have an understanding of the "grunt work" that needs to go into projects in general.

My experiences; I've studied game theory – game design – and psychology recreationally, approximately 7 years of community management with 5 of them being a moderator so I know how to handle "personal/human situations" when they arise.

Topics that I'd happily advise the creative direction on; Disabilities with a heavy focus on ADHD – depression and PTSD, Golf, Fiction, Sci–Fi (and bringing hard science to your fiction), Artistic intent ( "I want my work to FEEL like X mood" ), Ensureing your lore (of any kind) is coherent and "solid" (with an example of my analyzing lore of other things in the past., and odds are many many more because I love studying and giving a helping hand out :D

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

If we do end up working with one another, I would appreciate it if you could write a review in this thread. It ensures my credibility with any other projects that I am on. I require a review if you are going to take my talents for free, however. Once again, thank you for your time and I hope I hear back from any of you! :D

Last edited by catgame21234 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: [Paid] [Free] [0pen] Creative Director/ Illustrator / Editor / Gametester / Advisor looking to expand portfolio

#2 Post by Kia »

In the short chat I had with her, she was very helpful and connected me with friends to join my team for what I was looking for.

catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

Re: [Paid] [0pen] Creative Director/ Illustrator / Editor / Gametester / Advisor looking to expand portfolio

#3 Post by catgame21234 »

An update, I am changing my stance to a paid stance only. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thus far a few people have approached me, and I await more to come. Happy holidays everyone.
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.