[Closed][Free] Experienced Software Developer looking to get more into games development

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
lee-soft
Completed: Pheonix Asteroid Run
itch: rollback

[Closed][Free] Experienced Software Developer looking to get more into games development

#1 Post by lee-soft »

I have started working on a project and I am no longer available. Thank you anyway

Hello, I'm a full time senior software developer. I currently work full time developing and managing Python and .NET applications, I completed a games design degree at university and created an Xbox360 game for my final year project. Several years ago I made an open source RPG game engine (Final Fantasy 4 esque) and developed a mobile space shooting game.

I have no professional games design experience outside of working for myself or my own projects but I do have over a decades professional experience as a software developer. As well as project management experience but I am not offering that service here. I've just started learning Ren'Py, I'm continuing to teach myself and just completing the tutorials for now. It feels quite intuitive so far.

For now my availability is 1-2hrs most evenings, potentially more on the weekends. I'd love the opportunity to work in a team to help develop a game I myself would enjoy playing. At the moment I see this as a hobby with the view of it becoming more than that some day and that's why I am not charging for my time. My only requirement is I have to like the concept and feel passionate about working on it, as well as gel with you and your team.

Thanks for reading, if you think we could help each other drop me a message on discord. Lee#1274