Experienced Programmer for Hire

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

Experienced Programmer for Hire

#1 Post by saguaro »

I'm an experienced programmer seeking additional clients. I have been working with Ren'Py since 2012 and have experience with all facets of the engine and VN development but I particularly enjoy building screen-based systems and solving interesting problems Pythonically. Please visit my portfolio for examples and additional information on my rates.

My specialties include:
  • Inventory Systems
  • In-Game Message and Information Displays (e-mail inboxes, stat screens, mobile phone displays)
  • Animation and Transformation Language (ATL)
  • Battle Frameworks
  • GUI Customization and Coding
  • Complex Sprites
I try to focus on making scripting easier for writers and artists and I have a 6-month lookback guarantee on my code. I am always happy to work on interesting projects but I am primarily looking to build partnerships with developers who have long-term projects or regular project release schedules. Those with serious inquiries should contact me directly, either by the email listed on my website, Discord DM (saguaro#7820), or PM through Lemmasoft.

My rates are flexible based on the project and I have a soft spot for unconventional games, so feel free to contact me for a quote if you have a limited budget but think your project is a good fit.

bobyregistered
Tumblr: Mme/Mlle

Re: Experienced Programmer for Hire

#2 Post by bobyregistered »

Very cool and serious, available and responsive, friendly. I have tried different services of different coder on this board for one month, and I'm gonna probably stick to him in the long run. His rate is in the affordable range with all the quality of a real pro. I would heavily recommend giving the man a try, he deserves it.

stockbridgehouse
Projects: The Moon in Autumn - Chinese Graded Reader
itch: stockbridgehouse

Re: Experienced Programmer for Hire

#3 Post by stockbridgehouse »

Incredibly helpful with getting my VN up on Google Play! Responded quickly when I just needed someone to chat with for an hour via email to troubleshoot some issues. I know a lot of people here probably have technical skill, but Saguaro also has great communication skills. Always provided clear and patient explanations and requests for more information. This was important for me as this was my first time using Google Play. Definitely recommend for your next project. Also, payment was nice and easy through a Paypal invoice, no stress.