Help needed (mostly in graphics) for a studies project

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Dhanen
Deviantart: DanyDanyChopper
itch: Dhanen

Help needed (mostly in graphics) for a studies project

#1 Post by Dhanen »

Hello all, I am new here and I'm gonna explain my situation (with my horrible english so sorry about it, and sorry for the long text, but I think all is necessary):

I found an artist's (alberte) post in this forums but it's an old topic so I am not going to bumb or reflood it. I wasn't able to contact him/her neither.

I am programming student and I am making the grade final project, so I am very newbie, also alone in this project (in Unity) and my health and personal situation is not good so all this is overtaking me.

My project consists in a visual novel of a detective that was severe bullied as kid for other people (including his father) and that's why decided to be a cop, and now he's chasing a serial killer. The game it's a mix of visual novel and crime scene investigation with some puzzles (as some of the Phoenix Wright's saga, where you can move the characer in 2.5D: left/right/background/foreground). I did already the dialog system (with name of speaker, text and so) and trying to improve it with the avatar/expressions. My draawing is not good enough and I'd never made animated pixel art. Coding help is greatly welcome as well.

What I need, above all, graphic help: avatars for the speakers with some expressions, 2D characters for the exploring part, close-up of crime scenes (the player will be pointing and interacting with it).

I understand that most part of you work and live of it and I ever paid even my friends when I made a commission, and nobody wants to work for free, but as I said, my personal situation and health is not good and I can't afford a payment now, so I am searching for a caritative soul that understands too my situation and interested in helping just for made a good action as a collaboration. It would be greatly welcome all kind of help and of course I will put it on the credits (and if some day we can finish the game and it's sold, of course I will pleasantly share the profits). I am not exigent at all and I guess I can made the art color, I'll be working in the code and trying to learn how to made all that stuff. Thanks all in advance.