[Closed][Free] I would like to mentor you (programming / writing / career)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
cisco_donovan
itch: ciscodonovan

[Closed][Free] I would like to mentor you (programming / writing / career)

#1 Post by cisco_donovan »

I have been a professional programmer and semi-professional writer for 15 years and I want to give something back. Over the next few weeks I expect to have some time on my hands and would like to turn it to something constructive.

I am looking to mentor someone through their project. If you are an individual making a hobby (non-commercial) game, preferably in or near the UK, I can help you with:
  • Renpy Programming
  • Writing
  • Story planning
  • Project management
  • Promotion and marketing
  • Career advice
I will not write or program your game for you - but I will help you to learn and give you kind and constructive feedback. I am also not looking to to mentor companies or experienced developers: I want to help someone just getting started. Ideally I want to encourage an interest in programming and help someone build key skills to launch a career in software or game development.

I can dedicate maybe up to ten hours per week, we'll see. If you can afford to pay for more of my time then, with respect, you're probably not the mentee I'm looking for.

We can communicate through text (probably through Discord) as well as voice and video if you wish (in fact I would recommend this). You can message me here or on Discord: francisco23#7035

cisco_donovan
itch: ciscodonovan

Re: [Closed][Free] I would like to mentor you (programming / writing / career)

#2 Post by cisco_donovan »

Closing this for now, thanks.